Keeping Bettas in a Community Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ndw

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was wondering if anyone keeps females in with other fish in a community and how that's going, as I'm considering getting a group of 5 or more in my tank with the small shoal I have at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got my male in a community and he seems ok I just thought having a group of females in my other would look cool but not sure how they will be

AqAdvisor is just a general recommendation. It is possible to do a female sorority and have some mild colored fish that the Betta doesn't see as too colorful. You have a much better chance with a female than a male.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Seen as everyone on this tread is gonna be knowledgable on bettas I was wondering if anyone keeps females in with other fish in a community and how that's going, as I'm considering getting a group of 5 or more in my tank with the small shoal I have at the moment.

It depends on the fish. If you get them from a chain pet store they are generally more aggressive because they have been isolated. I did have a female Betta in a community for a bit and her and all of the tank mates were happy so you could potentially give it a try! :) just make sure to have a couple backup tanks to put the Bettas in if they pick fights. Good luck!

20g long Shark tank
10g Betta

Back
Top Bottom