Killie killies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TheCrazyFishLady said:
They aren't too terribly aggressive when they are young, but when they get older, they are definitely biters. I have one at four inches and she is not afraid of me during cleaning. Also, make sure to have the water level dropped down. These guys WILL jump.

Okay, so golden wonders are a no for a community tank? I have been PMing a member who has had some and said they were some of the more docile killies he kept. Would a tank cover prevent them from jumping?

Rokuzachi said:
You'll probably know it when you see it. I've seen some that were mild hunchbacks instead of having a graceful body line, all the way to looking like a parrot cichlid in shape.

Ok. I didn't look to hard yesterday so I didn't notice anything odd but will look again when I pass by there.

Yea, a cover would work too. I don't really like tank covers, personally. I just keep the water level down a bit.

And like I said, babys are fine. I have two the are around an inch and they are perfectly fine. But, my four incher (I like to call her Gigantor) is even aggressive towards me. And she could get even bigger. So, just watch them closely, if you go for it.

I'm not trying to talk you out of it, you can always try. I would just watch closely and make sure nothing bad happens. What else are you wanting to keep in there?

I know, I just wanted to see what you guys thought. I'll try it, if it works I'll keep them and if not I'll get rid of them. I wanted to keep them with possible rainbowish (if any can fit in a 40 gallon), a pair of angels, emerald cories, a tetra school and a honey gourami. I wanted to get three females and one male. Each time the male pairs up with a female I have a five gallon tank ready for them to breed in order to keep aggression down in the 40.

Back
Top Bottom