Kinda freaked out. What is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RackinRocky

Aquarium Advice Addict
Found this in one of my tanks today. I haven't touched it, as it's so weird looking. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Tank inhabitants are male betta, peacock gudgeon and Bolivan Ram. Oh, and 3 nerite snails.

Unkown tank alien.jpg

Its the rare zombie-snail-fish-aquatic-creature-thing-that-is-scary. Dont touch it, it might try to eat you brains!

I have noooo idea :)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Holy cow. I was gonna say snails egg sac but when I look closer it looks like it has eyes. Just touch it and get it out. Can we have better pics? Lol kinda creepy :)

I know, i saw the eyes too. Whatever it is I'm glad i don't have it... It would be watching me sleep every night planning my demise haha...

Hope you figure it out :)

Sent from my bed, the only space available to me that isn't smothered in dirty laundry or aquariums.

Its just slagathor the destroyer. You'll be fine.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

A species of Acochlidiidae snail maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Whatever it is... remove promptly and kill it with fire! Preferable dragon fire but I suppose any fire will do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Whatever it is... remove promptly and kill it with fire! Preferable dragon fire but I suppose any fire will do.

Haha. Not Greek Fire, don't want something that won't go out with water.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Okay, you guys. Now I'm really freaked out, lol! Water change tomorrow and I'll let you know what I find. The "eyes" you guys saw are what freaks me out the most. It's bigger than my nerite snails, by the way. It's nearly 1.5 inches long! YUCK!!

Fungused food! Just used a fish net and food fell out! Phew! Glad it's gone! The fish hurried to eat the food inside. You know how lazy bettas and gudgeons can be about eating, so I doubt they even saw it. Mystery solved!

Fungused food! Just used a fish net and food fell out! Phew! Glad it's gone! The fish hurried to eat the food inside. You know how lazy bettas and gudgeons can be about eating, so I doubt they even saw it. Mystery solved!

That's what it wants you to think!!! Now it's inside the fish! I gotta go...

I've always wanted to keep a Betta with my GBR! Do they get in any conflict?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Depends on both of their temperaments. They could be aggressive, but I've had success with it.

Back
Top Bottom