Let's see your bottom feeders!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Since we're talking about royals... lol heres mine. Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
chill with the Pleco's! There are other aquarium fish out there surfer;) I just let l-134 free in his new home. Hope I see him from time to time...

Hah hahhhh first 20 min, chill mo buddies!

image-1941486501.jpg

Ps I know the gravel is awful (gf gets some say...)

Brooks tier I'm trying to pm u but it says you're inbox is full and u need to delete some first

chill with the Pleco's! There are other aquarium fish out there surfer;) I just let l-134 free in his new home. Hope I see him from time to time...

Oh please you know they're my specialty ;P

One of my cories

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1391836768959.jpg
    1391836768959.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 126
Hey! Looky there! A different catfish! Haha. Cory's are the best! My pygmys chill on anubias leaves like a hammock..

Cory hammock
Cory cave lounge

image-1762415466.jpg

Attachments

• image-1530117623.jpg
    image-1530117623.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 111
  • image-4226449267.jpg
    image-4226449267.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 111
Cory hammock
Cory cave lounge

TOO cute, I need a Cory hammock!

Not completely a "bottom feeder" But this his favorite place to hang out!

These are in my 72G tank

60074-albums11380-picture65254.jpg

Purple Spotted Gudgeon 6+inches long, lfs said about 3-3.5"full grown :facepalm:...
60074-albums11380-picture64779.jpg

Spotted Raphael Catfish was so tiny when I got him, he was about just a half inch in size. Now 5-6 inches. About 3 years old. In this pic I was catching him to move to another tank. He plays dead...
60074-albums11380-picture64778.jpg

My clam, I have two clams this one stays on top of the substrate, and the other scooted itself sideways into the substrate and is vertical.
60074-albums11380-picture64776.jpg

These two were my twins, they died last year. A couple months ago I got two more which look exactly the same, though they are just a little less than half the original twins size, since they are young ones. Siamese Algae Eaters. The original ones were about 6" & 7"
60074-albums11380-picture52589.jpg

Last edited:
My zamora wood cat doing what it does best, standing still.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1392004506770.jpg
    1392004506770.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 169
Love these little guys :) even though I'm not sure they're bottom feeders since they spend most of their time on my glass :p
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392013281.975165.jpg

T
Cory hammock
Cory cave lounge

TOO cute, I need a Cory hammock!

Not completely a "bottom feeder" But this his favorite place to hang out!

These are in my 72G tank

60074-albums11380-picture65254.jpg

Purple Spotted Gudgeon 6+inches long, lfs said about 3-3.5"full grown :facepalm:...
60074-albums11380-picture64779.jpg

Spotted Raphael Catfish was so tiny when I got him, he was about just a half inch in size. Now 5-6 inches. About 3 years old. In this pic I was catching him to move to another tank. He plays dead...
60074-albums11380-picture64778.jpg

My clam, I have two clams this one stays on top of the substrate, and the other scooted itself sideways into the substrate and is vertical.
60074-albums11380-picture64776.jpg

These two were my twins, they died last year. A couple months ago I got two more which look exactly the same, though they are just a little less than half the original twins size, since they are young ones. Siamese Algae Eaters. The original ones were about 6" & 7"
60074-albums11380-picture52589.jpg

Those are some incredible clams!! Do you know the exact species? I've always been interested in getting a clam

T
Those are some incredible clams!! Do you know the exact species? I've always been interested in getting a clam

T

Yes,more info on the clam please,i never thought about a clam but you have sparked my interest

Hi, they are pretty basic. I don't know the real Latin name. They were called "Freshwater Golden Clam" (no additional info available). These, to me seem different than the little Golden Clams with the concentric rings on the top of the shells. What I know is that they need very good flow in the tank. If they die they can foul your water pretty bad. If you have a decent number of snails and bottom feeders they likely will eat up the clam pretty fast, but you should look at them every day just to see how they are.

For a couple years I have wanted some clams and there is VERY little info about them. Heck I can't find their real name. I remember being a kid and we would go fishing and the lakes would have clams sometimes.

I waited until I had a pretty big tank just in case there was a death, with 72G, I am not as worried as I would have been with my 37G. I will post a few more pics sometime this week, my schedule is pretty packed.

The one clam really hasn't done anything, not even really move, but it seems he is still filtering by the small gap in the shell. The other one dove into the substrate with almost no visible shell vertically after 1 week. then it seems it scoots out above the top of the substrate a little more on a regular basis. It is above the top of the substrate about 1.5" now. They are around 4 inches maybe a smidge more.
Then the concern of some species will put off a cloud of tiny clam spawn and could be toxic. Get stuck in the fish gills?!?:blink: Not too sure.

T

Hi, they are pretty basic. I don't know the real Latin name. They were called "Freshwater Golden Clam" (no additional info available). These, to me seem different than the little Golden Clams with the concentric rings on the top of the shells. What I know is that they need very good flow in the tank. If they die they can foul your water pretty bad. If you have a decent number of snails and bottom feeders they likely will eat up the clam pretty fast, but you should look at them every day just to see how they are.

For a couple years I have wanted some clams and there is VERY little info about them. Heck I can't find their real name. I remember being a kid and we would go fishing and the lakes would have clams sometimes.

I waited until I had a pretty big tank just in case there was a death, with 72G, I am not as worried as I would have been with my 37G. I will post a few more pics sometime this week, my schedule is pretty packed.

The one clam really hasn't done anything, not even really move, but it seems he is still filtering by the small gap in the shell. The other one dove into the substrate with almost no visible shell vertically after 1 week. then it seems it scoots out above the top of the substrate a little more on a regular basis. It is above the top of the substrate about 1.5" now. They are around 4 inches maybe a smidge more.

Then the concern of some species will put off a cloud of tiny clam spawn and could be toxic. Get stuck in the fish gills?!?:blink: Not too sure.

Great, thanks!! Unfortunately my current tank is too small, but I'm planning on getting a 50 gallon for my next project.

Back
Top Bottom