Let's see your bottom feeders!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I bought a tank the other day, it was full of Bristlenose plecos - mature breeding pair and I have no idea exactly how many babies... ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394367092.966808.jpg but that's some of them with mum at feeding time.. I've started selling the young ones off there are soooo many of them and they are all stuck in a tank not capable of housing them all safely.. But I have no option at the moment. I've been doing water changes every 2nd day for them and running 2 filters in the tank... I'm going to have to remove the gravel so it's easier to keep clean.. I don't know what I've gotten myself into here!!! Hopefully I can find suitable homes for them ASAP - and the bigger ones will go to the LFS I think...

In nsw Australia... I have listed them on several pages for $2 each so that should get them moving. I'm going to seperate them today I've got my hands on another tank - again not the ideal size but I'll put the ones big enough for sale in there and keep on top of water changes and they should move quick enough - I sold 10 yesterday and have interested people again now.

pretty sure bn refers to both bristle and bushy nose, think they're the same thing!

Yea that's what the guys said but he said instead of the little bristles the bristlenoses get the bushy nose get many many bristles all clumped together

Oh wow they look great!!! I have a "bushynose" pleco. I've heard that there different from bristle noses, so how did u breed urs so well

rocky,

I keep mine very well fed. The home made food I feed all my fish has peas, broccoli and nori mixed with beefheart and whole shrimp. They also get algae wafers, NLS, and fresh veggie pieces to snack on. I do weekly water changes and then boom, they're in their caves spawning. I count off three weeks from the time I see only the male's tail poking out of the cave until I pull the cave to collect the fry.

Back
Top Bottom