loepard cory problem!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquarium fish lover

Aquarium Advice Regular
i brought 4 leopard cory last month that i put them in a 10 gallon nano tank
they are fine,got eat but the only problem us they are not swim in school but in by their own

That's very normal. corys don't school more like shoal or socialize with other corys. it is true the more the better because they are supper social but to that of them being in a tight group together like some tetras is not gonna happen.

Corydoras

i brought 4 leopard cory last month that i put them in a 10 gallon nano tank
they are fine,got eat but the only problem us they are not swim in school but in by their own

Hello aqua...

Corydoras will live in a small tank, but won't thrive. That's because Corys are foragers, they prefer larger tanks. They need larger areas to swim and look for food. I've kept several different species and stock no more than 1 for every 5 gallons of tank size. So, you really need a medium sized tank, say no smaller than 20 gallons, 30 would be better. Even the tiny species need to be in groups of 6 or more.

Corydoras aren't schooling fish, they're shoaling fish. They may swim in loose groups, but their movements are individual. If you want to see a schooling fish, then watch Tetras. These are schooling fish.

B

Back
Top Bottom