lone corie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have four cories and three of them are always within an inch or two of each other, but the other is almost never with them. They all are healthy as far as I can tell. Does anyone have a corie who acts like this too?

I see that in my FW tank alot. I have 4 also and there`s always one acting independently.

Yes i have 4 corys right now. My albino always goes off on his own. One thing i did notice is when i was running my canister filter on my 29 gallon tank there wasn't alot of circulation or current in the tank and the corys were not very active. I returned that filter and stuck on a Emperor bio wheel filter and they are a whole lot more active. So if your corys are having that problem also try a air store or a more powerful filter to make more of a current.

I also have this with my 3 peppered cories. I just posted in the breeding forum yesterday about this too! I have two that really stick close together and are acting like they are trying to spawn, but I have one that is the odd man out, so to speak. Since they are in a 10g with my male betta I hesitated getting any more cories in there even though I am on top of maintenance, I don't won't to over do the population for that size tank.

I have three cory cats and all of them are swimming around on their own.

My two albinos are always side by side but it seems that my peppered cories seem to go off and do their own thing. Sometimes they will all swim together in the front of the tank, pacing back and forth, other than that they usually do their own thing.

Back
Top Bottom