low light plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blazeherd2306

Aquarium Advice Addict
I new with planted tanks, but for now, I have a 10 gal. with 20 pounds of eco-complete. I only have 1 flourescent bulb thats 15 watt, T8, 8000K.
I have 2 plants: 1 java fern and 1 anubias nana. With the lights on for 12 hours a day, is this enough light? and if so: What other low light plants could I put in?

TIA

Since you have 1.5wpg in the tank, you are fine as far as the lights are concerned. You could add some crypts and bolbitis. A moss ball or two wouldn't hurt either. :D

Thanks

Also, are there any good sites that I can find and possibly order any of these plants?

I have a low light tanks and have 3 types of Sword that are doing well, Unfortunately I don't know the names. The 4th E. tenellus is sending out lots of runners but isn't as dark green as it should be.

I have various crypts doing well. The Val. is going great guns. Anubias lanceolata is also doing well.

A pic is in my gallery. I have drawf cichlids in it now.

Marsilea spp. (water clover) also does well as a carpet-type plant under low light and is very easy to maintain. Some types of Hygrophila will also do well under low light conditions.

Back
Top Bottom