Low-Tech 10g Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Extremely doubtful. I might could get away with 2 weeks but then my sister would probably be like "what?!?!? You had my camera for 2 weeks taking pictures of your stupid fish" even though it'd be plants but still. Those are some pretty cool vids btw. So anyone have any opinions on 7 Von rios and 7 rasbora espei?

What tank are these going in? If they're going in a smaller tank, if I remember correctly, both these fish live in the middle zone in the tank, so there might be some space problems. If I'm wrong and one is an upper dweller, then you should be fine imo.

Read the thread title lol. I guess I'll just stick with one species, unless, what about 7 espei and 7 black neons or 7 Von rios and 7 black tetras? Argh me and my indecisiveness! Haha.

Oh *that* lol... I don't have an opinion right now, wait like 8 hours and let me wake up first :p

Just an update. Some of the crypts seem to be going through a bit of a melt, but not as bad as I had expected, although its still kind of early. The leaves are coming in nicely on the rotala and ludwigia, with a nice green color, and even a slight redish on one of the rotala stems :D

Marselia Sprouting.
IMG_2673.JPG

Crypt Melt?
IMG_2671.JPG

Idk? Not sure if it was like this before I got it.
IMG_2669.JPG

Just a dying leaf or a deficiency?
IMG_2668.JPG

Rotala Rotundifolia
IMG_2667.JPG

Ludwigia Repens
IMG_2666.JPG

Slightly different coloring, the picture just doesn't do it justice
IMG_2665.JPG

Side View
IMG_2675.JPG

looking gorgeous! once you find the moss for that tree that tank is gonna be pretty incredible. i'm lovin the river of stone

Looks nice, but once those plants thicken/spread out (especially those clover grass), it'll look amazing!

I know, thanks you two. I think I'm going to go with Peacock moss. for the tree if JOM's moss isn't really weeping moss :)

Just get a wig and dye it green :D

I just put my order in this morning for plants. Hopefully processing won't take as long as my driftwood order...

It would be awesome if it does. My tank should be done cycling early next week (as of today nitrIte is very high, and nitrAte is climbing up pretty fast too), so I can put in the plants then get the fish. If they don't ship on Monday I'm just going to get fishes on Monday, I don't want to wait anymore haha

I know it's not a given option, but I still think you'll be happier with 1 big school of 10-12 of one kind. If not, I guess I'd go with the espei.

One big school generally looks better than a mix. More homogeneity, better focus. I have 2 species of schoolers because my neons wouldn't come out unless there was another species around.

I think the group dynamics will be better with a larger group as well. They'll school more closely, and wander less (or at least break off into small groups). I haven't tested my theory yet, but a few years ago, I began to think that an odd number of schooling fish (in my case cories) would be better, because if you have an even number, it is more likely that the school might split into two schools, but if one school is bigger, the smaller school will automatically want to join up. It's kind of how ants/bees decide the location of the new hive. Then again, when you have a school of 1000 cardinal tetras, I don't think 1 would carry as much weight as in a school of 10-12.

Back
Top Bottom