Low-Tech 10g Planted Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Really nice tank! Tagging along.

Regarding the CO2 diffusers, try ebay, I am looking to try DIY CO2 for my 20gal and saw some cheaper ones on ebay (saw one for tanks below 20g for $5 shipped).

Thanks. I'm gonna hold back on the CO2 for now, until I know if I'm going to be moving next year, but I'll keep that in mind :).

Here are some pictures I took today, please try to look past the hair algae, as hard as it may be lol.

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

IMG_3114.JPG

IMG_3117.JPG

IMG_3118.JPG

IMG_3119.JPG

FOLLOWING. I am in the process of cycling my 10g planted, and by looking at your pics I have definitely found some plants I'd love to add. I LOVE that marsilia. Nice tank man

Also, will definitely be ordering from SweetAquatics, thanks for that place as well.

Thanks :D. And when you get your order, make sure you pick off ALL of the hair algae, you do not want that stuff in your tank lol.

Will take your advice, lol. How quickly did you get your shipment? I really like how they tell you exactly what the plant needs and the difficulty of keeping it.

Actually, because it's only a two hour drive straight from here to there, it arrived overnight. However it takes a while for them to get the order processed. For me it took ~a week to process, then I got it the next day with the priority mail (cheapest for what I got) option.

I'm just kinda letting it grow out.

So I have some bad news :(. One of my CPDs died ~2 days ago, and another appears to be following by example :/. It's swimming strange and has like this sore on it's side. I checked params, Ammonia isn't at .25 it's like yellow with the slightest greenish tint, so I'm guessing that might be from the dead fish. Nitrite is 0. I lost my Nitrate card but its orangish so its definitely under 40. I have been a little negligent lately because I haven't had much time due to school work, but I have at least been occasionally doing pwcs every other week (although once or twice I went three weeks :(). I just hope I don't lose any more.

Although, I may have to euthanize the one showing problems now, but we don't have vodka for the proper euthanization :/. Should I use clove oil and freezing?

I haven't been able to update the thread much lately, what with all the school work and after school stuff. Anyway I'm not sure exactly how but I only have 4 CPDs left :(. I guess they just gradually died off and the snails got to them before I could. I'm still having a hair algae problem but I've been shortening the photoperiod. Next time I get the chance, I'll try to get some lower wattage bulbs. I'll try to scoop a bunch out this weekend and get some pics for you guys :).

We're expected to have a snow day tomorrow so I gave the tank a big trim and a pwc. If there's no school tomorrow, I'll ad pics lol.

Back
Top Bottom