ludwigia repens only grows leaves up top - help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Passatryde

Aquarium Advice Activist
About a month ago i picked up some ludwigia repens and since that time the stalks have grown much taller but all the leaves that were on the stalks before i got them seem to have come off. its as if only the new growth is keeping the leaves. any ideas on what might be going on? yesterday i took a ciuple of the stalks and broke them off and replanted them with the hope that theyll just grow taller and keep their leaves

ForumRunner_20120914_204416.jpg

That sometimes happens with new stem plants when you first get them. You did exactly the correct thing, cut the bare bottom stems off and replant them.

Rivercats said:
That sometimes happens with new stem plants when you first get them. You did exactly the correct thing, cut the bare bottom stems off and replant them.

Thanks rivercats... So basically the areas where the leaves fell off...you might as well just dispose of? They wont grow back then?

No, they are trash. Plus remember once the stems get long enough you can cut them again, replant the tops to make your stand larger or start a new area, and the bottoms will just keep growing.

Rivercats said:
No, they are trash. Plus remember once the stems get long enough you can cut them again, replant the tops to make your stand larger or start a new area, and the bottoms will just keep growing.

Awesome thanks

Back
Top Bottom