Max's 40 Breeder Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been trying to get better pictures of the angels today. So far this is the best I have:

img_2376915_0_5f03453c310e3ae9a92a11354d49742f.jpg

maxwellag said:
I've been trying to get better pictures of the angels today. So far this is the best I have:

Angels: a sure way to make small tank owners jealous! lol Looking great man. Your flame moss is growing well.

I've decided that I need some color (pink/red/orange) from more plants in this tank. Any suggestions?

Update: Eggs! :D

I just got back from vacation today, and was surprised to find that the apistos have laid eggs!

img_2392411_0_96f61113615ecf80e9ac4063d4ce95d2.jpg

They laid them on the front of the smaller left driftwood, behind the blyxa. They eggs are pink, so I think they're good! The female is guarding them closely while the male is hanging around near their nest, but not as close.

The angels were looking pretty happy. I am a bit worried that they might find the eggs and make them a yummy snack, though.

img_2392411_1_dd0c2b148d7be8dd4aa7e28555d64e9e.jpg

The HC that I had on a mat that I broke apart and replanted has been making good progress (sorry for the blurry picture).

img_2392411_2_fb7bf93e1a265f84e822987d9cfa0d6c.jpg

FTS:

img_2392411_3_eb71dac27d904dd66e2be5d5fa01505d.jpg

The micro sword is still doing well, but there is some algae (I'm pretty sure it's BBA) on the leaves. I turned up the co2 a bit, but I might decide to turn it down for the sake of the apistos. Maybe I will end up just moving the eggs to my 10g tank upstairs to hatch, that way I could keep the co2 turned up and avoid the risk with the angels.

Sadly, I was on a little out of town get-away again and wasn't able to check on the eggs. They got some fungus on them and aren't good anymore. They'll spawn again eventually, though. :)

The algae on the micro sword is really starting to get out of control. Any tips on removal? I am thinking about removing it all and just starting with new micro sword pots.

The problem will just come back... how are your nitrates? Are you still autodosing? Perhaps cut back on the CSM+B dosing.

The problem will just come back... how are your nitrates? Are you still autodosing? Perhaps cut back on the CSM+B dosing.

I am not sure how the nitrates are... and I was never autodosing :facepalm: I have just been dosing Seachem Flourish with each water change. I will go test the nitrates soon.

oh. Well there's your problem. You have a good amount of light on this tank... my guess is you are bottoming out on 1 or more nutrients.

Are you injecting co2?

oh. Well there's your problem. You have a good amount of light on this tank... my guess is you are bottoming out on 1 or more nutrients.

Are you injecting co2?

Yeah, I have it on a glass diffuser though... It's on the same timer as my lights. I am using a glass diffuser. I would use an inline diffuser but with the rugged tubing of the canister, it would be a mess. I might get some different tubing so I can use an inline diffuser.

Back
Top Bottom