Mirrored background.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Andyvette

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a tank (100g) that has a mirror on the back. I think I might keep it there. Are there any adverse effects (like fish running into them or seeing themselves and feeling threatened)?

Don't know about most fish but have heard of some oscars getting pretty upset with there reflection and hitting the tank with a real good thump. Enough that they hurt themselfs.

yeah in my experiences, fish dont seem to like to lokk at themselves, i have lost two fish because of them running into the glass because of their reflection...

brant said:
Don't know about most fish but have heard of some oscars getting pretty upset with there reflection and hitting the tank with a real good thump. Enough that they hurt themselfs.

Angels, RTS, and some larger schoaling fish.... that should be it in the tank. Its a wierd kind of mirror. It is an oceanic aquarium, and has the mirror epoxy'd on the back.... I just think it would be a PITA to remove it....

rollin_22 said:
well, if the fish dont seem to mind leave it, but if they start acting funny, take it off

Thats what I'll try. I just know bettas and mirrors.... why would oceanic ever put a mirror on an aquarium!?!? wierd.

Back
Top Bottom