Mollies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok that is fine. I'm not the biggest guppy fan so that is no problem :) Tetras are out of the question than I assume?
Some larger tetras will be alright, but Neons and those smaller breeds will eventually get eaten. BE AWARE: Black Skirt Tetras are notorious for destroying angelfish fins! Tell me what types of tetras you want, and I shall tell you if they are compatible with angels....

What about just black neon tetras? Or are they too small still? How about ottos are they ok with angels?

Ok thank you very much for the help! How many should I get in the 40 gallon with the platys and the mollies?

I have actually looked at that website a good bit and was considering ordering fish from there. Have you ever ordered any from there? Or know anyone who has?

Ok so I am going to go with the aquaclear filter since the emperor seems a little more bulky and I don't know how well it would fit and I couldnt find the dimensions for it.

Ok two works for me I was thinking either one or two. Now I still am wondering about the filter...I am going to go with the aquaclear one but now Im not so sure the 70 is going to fit. The tank is open top but I have an aquasun light on it and Im not sure how big the filter is going to be and if its going to work. Also my tank is very close to the wall and I could probably only move it forward about an inch maybe two at the most. Would the aquaclear 50 be that much smaller?

Well i ended up having to get the 50 because the 70 would not fit with my tank being where it is and with the light...are filters returnable do you know?

But right now I have the 50 and my old tetra whisper filter running on the tank so I figure that should be good...right?

Ya I went up there to look at it and it was like double the size of the 50 so there is no way I could fit it :/

Ok, go for it.

YES!!! I got a 55 gallon tank yesterday!! I ordered a Marineland Penguin BIO-Wheel 350 today for it! Finally, a step up from a 10 gallon! I am soooooooo excited!!

Heck ya! I started with a ten gallon and some platys and then moved on to the 20 with a mollie and some platys and now finallllyy I got a 40 and thats as big as I can have right now but I am so excited!! But I am really bummed out about not being able to get the bigger filter I really wanna get it and I have been racking my brain trying to figure out a way to get it to fit ughhh lol...

Back
Top Bottom