Molly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, I recommend at least five in a group. While they are not schooling fish, they enjoy being in groups. They aren't too messy as I breed them (on accident.) They like hard water and a ph around 7.5 . I recommend getting all 1 sex. They breed like crazy. If you want to breed then get 1 to 3 male to female ratio. Be diligent about water changes every week and you should be good.

Now I worried about overstocking my tank if I get more Hoe many do you think I need?

I have now
2 albino bristlenose pleco
2 nertite snails
5 mollies
1 platy
5 black neon tetras
3 neon tetras
5 Harlem raspberry (misnamed)
1 male betta

55 gallon tank

The misnamed fish is

5 Rasbora Heteromorpha

When I get more platy does it matter what kind they are? I know they have to be platy. (Micky mouse platy, are the other type of platy

Well, I recommend at least five in a group. While they are not schooling fish, they enjoy being in groups. They aren't too messy as I breed them (on accident.) They like hard water and a ph around 7.5 . I recommend getting all 1 sex. They breed like crazy. If you want to breed then get 1 to 3 male to female ratio. Be diligent about water changes every week and you should be good.

So like 3 females and 1 male

No, it doesn't really matter. I'd be careful with breeding. They multiply. It's insane. If you want babies in limited numbers go to wherever they keep them together. For 4 females you would have 12 batches of fry. They can go three cycles. I have atleast 30 fry and this is the first cycle.

But yes. More females if you want. Just one female and male would stress your female out and possibly kill her. Make sure you know how to sex them

But if you want to do like a project with your son it's great. just be sure you have somewhere to put them all :)

Was just thinking of just getting all females I was just wondering.
Can you send spice of male and a female

Ok got 4 platy today to go with my 1 all females My males molly won’t leave them alone

He thinks they are mollies. They will be fine. If you want some fry from those girls, get some live plants for them to hide in. I have dragon rock that my newborn fry hide in for the first week. Java fern is good. Anubias is also a good option.

Things like guppy grass and floating plants are great. I have a little space next to my sponge filter that's super well planted and they love it. You can feed the fry crush flakes, brine shrimp but make sure that they have variety. Feed them 3 times a day so they can grow faster. Platies tend to be slower growers.

Ok I only have females platy in my tank
Do have females mollies I know two of them is pregnant

Back
Top Bottom