Moving with a betta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ClearVision94

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever had any success keeping their betta alive as you move from one state to another?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

My college roommate had a beta(Whattfish), but he was going home to California for winter break and we couldn't leave him in our dorm for a month so I offered to take him in and back to NY. Back then I did not know about tanks or cycling or anything and he had just been in a small bowl :( I put Whatt in a tuperware and packed up his small bowl. He and I then took the subway, a 2 and a half hour train ride, an hour and a half ferry ride, and then an hour and a half drive to my house. He made it and then lived another 2 years! I would just take the lid off the tuperware so he could get some O2.

Probably not how it should have been done, but it was a move of necessity. Good Luck(y)

I would say out of all fish bettas probably travel the best since the can breath oxygen. I agree to just make sure you open the container so he can get some air or go to you lfs and see if they have a betta container you can put him in for the ride

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom