My 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

plant0

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
This is my 10 gallon planted aquarium. I use co2 and dose api leaf zone once a week. The lighting is finnex planted+. I have two 10 gallon filters on this tank right now. Before we get into my stock I want to say that I know this is not ideal and is temporary for some of the fish. Stock: betta, white cloud mountain minnow, 2 harlequin rasboras, and 10 red cherry shrimp. The tank is kept at 76. Thoughts?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1429239221374.jpg
    1429239221374.jpg
    194 KB · Views: 64
First off... beautiful tank! You probably already know that the White Clouds like cooler water. The Betta likes warmer water and will eat every shrimpie in your tank eventually, BUT HE WILL LOVE YOU LIKE FOREVER!

You may be able to find a Neutral temperature for the Rasboras, White Clouds, and the Shrimp. But the Betta needs a tank of his own. I keep my Bettas in 10 gallon tanks and they do well. It is a big debate, but I do not like keeping Bettas in anything smaller than a 10 gallon.

I know. Everyone seems OK for now and the shrimp are even left alone!

Some bettas will leave shrimp alone, most will not though. Great tank and happy it's working out. Yeah let's fix that stocking pretty soon. Then bump the temperature to about 78-80 for the Betta.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Some bettas will leave shrimp alone, most will not though. Great tank and happy it's working out. Yeah let's fix that stocking pretty soon. Then bump the temperature to about 78-80 for the Betta.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

I know. The white cloud was NOT planned. He was given to me so I stuck him in there. I will be getting more rasboras soon after the wcmm is gone AND turning up the temp.

Back
Top Bottom