My 10gal set up what do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gingimaru

Aquarium Advice Activist
below is my tank about 3 week ago
6783182990_a281362062_b.jpg

Below is my tank from last weekish
7020557793_d5f21f10e8_b.jpg

what do people think?

Gingimaru said:
below is my tank about 3 week ago

Below is my tank from last weekish

what do people think?

Awesome! What a change! I love the driftwood. What kind of plants do you have in there now?

Thanks! :)

We have 3 Anubis (if you look on the long bit coming off the big drift wood one is attatched there) a Java (lower left corner just under some bogwood) and 2 bolbotis (the longer ones on the right). these are supplimented by some fake silk ferns.

unfortunately you cant see any of my aquatic friends in these pics. in my tank there is a male betta, 4 amano shrimp, 8 red cherry shrimp (figured if they start breeding the betta can eat some. serves as a good food source as well as helping to clean the tank) and a golden apple snail. i'll try get some of them up soon as i can :) my shrimp live on the big driftwood lol they never leave it

You did a fantastic job changing that tank around. Great aquascaping. You should be very proud. (y)

If you put a dark background on that tank, it would really pop! Just my 2 cents. Or maybe 1 and 1/2.

thank you :) went out one weekend and got the bogwood and the plants etc and got it all set up (soaked the bogwood first obviously)

we did get a background at first (and it may just have been that particular background) but the betta didnt like it. he kept flaring at his reflection that he could see. what we did was remove the background and not put as much water in the tank (theres a black plastic bit that goes round the tank that, if filled fully the betta will flare at it because he could see his reflection). we've got it to a point now where he cant see his reflection anywhere and for the first time in the few months we've had him hes started building bubble nests :)

our male betta
7041610427_fb5e04d591_m.jpg

male betta again but a close up :)
7041610421_424258eac4_b.jpg

our apple snail (he looks like he has a crack in his shell but he doesnt, thats where his shell was when we bought him, any growth past that is new whilst in our tank)
7041610415_14ac255cc7_b.jpg

The daddy amano shrimp
7041607869_e9f2e26d4b_b.jpg

one of our RCS
7041608025_e788fb76ba_b.jpg

we've had them a few weeks now and all the amano are still there and far as we know (theres a lot of hiding places in my tank) all 8 RCS are still alive. yeah every now n then he chases them but hes a slow swimmer and they are really fast shrimp. if he does kill em though you'll be the first person i tell

Back
Top Bottom