My 29 gallon! Final (almost) product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must agree. Major fan of planted aquariums myself and yours is stellar. Way to go. :]

Definitely! I love taking pictures too! I am worried about my cardinals.. One was dead this morning. I added Indian almond lead extract into my tank to help them hopefully... I hope they're alright while I'm at school. After this weekend I hope they are better. And I'll have to see if I can find an awesome Betta to put in there

Corbo said:
Definitely! I love taking pictures too! I am worried about my cardinals.. One was dead this morning. I added Indian almond lead extract into my tank to help them hopefully... I hope they're alright while I'm at school. After this weekend I hope they are better. And I'll have to see if I can find an awesome Betta to put in there

Aww do we not know why they are getting sick?! Have you checked water?

My parameters are fine but I wonder if it's because I have crappy city water... :/ I read that cardinals like low ph... After I got them. But most seemed fine... I don't know. Feel like I should get a tap water purifier.. But I'm low on cash

Corbo said:
My parameters are fine but I wonder if it's because I have crappy city water... :/ I read that cardinals like low ph... After I got them. But most seemed fine... I don't know. Feel like I should get a tap water purifier.. But I'm low on cash

Do you use prime or anything?

Yeah I have prime. And I also use the almond leaf extract which naturally lowers ph through tannins... But can have small effects if your ph is too high

Corbo said:
Yeah I have prime. And I also use the almond leaf extract which naturally lowers ph through tannins... But can have small effects if your ph is too high

Well shoot...I guess it's time to call in the pros!!

Thank you very much! When I get home from school I'll have to check my ph and such. I think the rest of my fish look pretty darn healthy and happy... The one that died overnight last night had been hanging out by himself.

They also eat... A lot. So that's a plus

Corbo said:
Thank you very much! When I get home from school I'll have to check my ph and such. I think the rest of my fish look pretty darn healthy and happy... The one that died overnight last night had been hanging out by himself.

They also eat... A lot. So that's a plus

Oh well maybe it was just (bad) luck of the draw with that one :-/

Yeah I just hope the rest are fine. I know they will be. My otos are fine! And they're supposed to be hard to keep alive

Corbo said:
Yeah I just hope the rest are fine. I know they will be. My otos are fine! And they're supposed to be hard to keep alive

Well I'm glad to hear that Otos are doin ok!

So I checked my ph and it's like 7.8.. A bit high but not extremely high for aquarium. I'm not sure. I hear cardinals can live in up to 8

Back
Top Bottom