My 29 gallon! Final (almost) product

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cardinals are very sensitive. The ones the pull through though will adjust and live a long time ime.

Good! So I just need to get them adjusted. I hate the deaths in the process. It's terrible. But I guess it's bound to happen in nature too.

Another thing to keep in mind, is that treating your Ph (if you ever do) should be quite gradual. A change in Ph (even for the better) can shock your fish just as much as a drastic temperature change...

Sorry to hear about the deaths though... I'm happy that I've not experienced any thus far, but I know that it will eventually happen.

Keep your chin up. To have a planted aquarium as beautiful as yours shows that you're no newb to the process and that you are capable of maintaining your tank properly. Don't blame yourself for it...

Yeah... I guess it's part of it. I try to do as much research as I can before I do something. I just hate the death.
I just came back from the city and got some new fish! I'll update with pictures later after this beautiful day and laying out with my girlfriend.

And thanks for thinking my tank is beautiful. I try my best. I wish I had more lighting.

Well, from the pet store in the next big town over... I got some new fish today!

They only had 2 cardinal tetras, so I'll be getting more sometime..

But the guys at the store said I should have room for some rummynose tetra, and that they're really good contrast for cardinals and a lot of people use them in tanks together. So I got 6, the guy added one for free because it was all they had... But one died in my filter intake. :/

Attachments

• image-3324221471.jpg
    image-3324221471.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 52
  • image-841374105.jpg
    image-841374105.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 52
I hate when that happens...

Beautiful pictures though. Very very pretty fish.

Just as a thought, if you want a peaceful, colorful centerpiece fish that would do great in a 29g planted, you could do a neon dwarf gourami of any various color type. =]

Thank you! The little guys are so hyper... So they make my cardinals more active. I like them a lot! I've thought about a neon gourami or a powder blue... But I'm gonna probably get it next weekend or so.. Just so I have an excuse to go back up to the pet store. :)

I honestly have ALWAYS wanted a blue ram... They're so cool, but I know a lot of times people have bad luck with them.

So basically next weekend I'm going to get a few more cardinals, or maybe just a Betta/gourami/dwarf cichlid. I have no idea. Oh the choices....

Also, liking the fact that my rummies have good red noses! It means my water conditions are good! Yes!

Joyler said:
Boy, corb...your havin all the luck huh?!

Yeah... I don't get it. Looks like one of the cardinals may have some kind of something on him. I think my shipment may have been a bit on the unhealthy side.. Just gotta hope for the best

Yeah... I really hope it doesn't get to any of my other fish... But first and foremost I hope it's not truly a problem.

Thank you! The little guys are so hyper... So they make my cardinals more active. I like them a lot! I've thought about a neon gourami or a powder blue... But I'm gonna probably get it next weekend or so.. Just so I have an excuse to go back up to the pet store. :)
!

I know exactly how you feel; I LOVE going to the pet store. If you end up going with a gourami let me know and post pics! I adore them!

It may be fungus... Well I don't think any of them have it now... I have a picture of one who died. :(

Fungus maybe? I don't think it's neon tetra disease... It's way rare, and cardinals are resistant to it

Attachments

• image-1481286279.jpg
    image-1481286279.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 39
I already have a Betta so maybe I'll go with a gourami.. But I want something to compliment the blues and reds of the fish I have in there... I want something with some contrast...

By compliment, do you mean a different color, or something red and blue to bring out the reds and blues you already have?

Actually probably something other than red and blue. I think I used the wrong word when I said compliment but that's all I could think of. I guess I don't really need a green fish. Plenty of green in the plants. Haha. But maybe orange or purple... Maybe a dwarf fire gourami or honey gourami

That sounds fantastic. =] Flame gouramis are an orangey color but still have the temperament of a dwarf gourami.

Back
Top Bottom