My 33 Gal. Community Tank Log!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok thanks! My LFS had insane prices on the rocks and such I wanted- so I got a GBR and some rummies on sale ($0.99 each!) I found a store to get rocks from way more cheaply and I'm looking into some other stuff for co2.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds good. For final numbers in your tanks, I am always a fan of stocking rather slow so ou can actually see how it is going and then add more accordingly. Overall, you may have a bit too much going on the bottom of the tank if you went with the 133% stocked tank. But hey, just start adding, keep an eye on your parameters, and see how it goes.
Get some pictures when you can.
Also, yay sales!

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried about the bottom but I'm hoping that the rummies will keep their whole mid to top swimming thing going. I'll definitely watch the bottom, I might drop the number of cories to eight then pull all the guppies and keep the otos at 6.

I just realized my java fern roots are completely tied and covered in black thread. I got them from petsmart in a gel pack and I can't get the thread off

Cut the thread with a pair of scissors. Then carefully unwrap it. That's what I had to do with mine

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

You could also leave the thread, dig down about 3/4" into the substrate (no more) and anchor the plant with small stones or driftwood. As long as the rhizomes (the "roots") can get oxygen, they'll be fine. Alternatively, you could use the string to tie the plant to rocks or driftwood.

Also, working on getting the perfect shot for the POTM.

I decided no guppies, 4 otos, 6 cories to lighten up the bottom. So now I'd love some angels but I'm concerned my little rummies would be a snack.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

Anyone have opinions on the angels? I was hoping to get three, pull the pair for a 20 high, then keep one in the show tank and breed the angels- only 10-20 per spawn.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Yes, I am a Harry Potter Nerd. SO THERE! ✨ ?⚡

Got 3 otos today and freaking out about feeding them. I'm going to pick up some zucchini and blanch carrots to feed them (advisable or no?) but I heard that guppies love the marine algae sheets and they won't leave any for the otos. I also got more plants and some frozen beef heart while I was there for my rams. (WHICH STILL WONT PAIR, grrr) lol
Anyways I'm hoping these guys make it through but I have to go back to the store anyway to get my second tank (the one in my brother's room) a Betta to make my mom stop asking why the tank's empty.

Delivered via owl
Ministry of Magic

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom