My Cycle Log (fishless)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thank you everyone for helping me, especially Eco who I couldn't have done this without him. ;)

I am currently accumulating my 5 flame tetras! There are only babies so they will have a long and happy life in my tank!

:D :D :D :D :D

Oh they will be ;). two of them managed to jump out of the bag while I was netting them. I caught them both and put them in the tank. Other than that I'm waiting to take the pictures when their stress level goes down. The reason is I will need the light on to take them :D

Thank you for your help they all seem to be exploring the tank together, except one like to brake away from the group once in a while. :)

Also they are only babies! That means I will be able to raise them up. That also means they have at lest 3 years each unless if something goes wrong. ;)

I have one more question. When should I feed them? Should I feed them now or should I feed them tomorrow?

Leader-Of-The-Fish said:
I have one more question. When should I feed them? Should I feed them now or should I feed them tomorrow?

I leave the light off and don't feed for 24 hours so they can settle in.

Just an update! I'm going to post pictures sometime this afternoon. I am updating on the status of my tank right now. I have 5 Flame tetras that I added yesterday. They seem to be forming the pecking order. I think they are done with it. There seems to be two alpha males in this situation and the other three just hang by themselves. The two that share the power sometimes nip at each other but there is one that always seems to "win". The alpha -alpha male is my most brightly colored fish in the tank! I also have this really small one that is about 1/4 size of the biggest fish. I'm happy to say that the other two fish took them under their "fin" and are kind of protecting him during the pecking order show biz. It is really fascinating to watch!

Here is a quick picture of three of them. Sorry for the quality it was taken on my iPhone.

img_1501182_0_062182f1204e695c1ccd8f0751d5997b.jpg

Leader-Of-The-Fish said:
Here is a quick picture of three of them. Sorry for the quality it was taken on my iPhone.

Yay! They look like happy fish in a beautiful home to me! Enjoy them :)

Thanks so much for helping me along my way to become a successful fish keeper! I just tested the water and they are still double zero's after my son dumped in a little too many flakes last night! :D

Thanks so much for helping me along my way to become a successful fish keeper! I just tested the water and they are still double zero's after my son dumped in a little too many flakes last night! :D
I've been there, only it was about a half-ounce of flakes. Yikes! After 3-4 days my parameters were stable again, but it sounds like you didn't get nearly that much in yours. Enjoy your :fish1:!

Yeah it wasn't that much, but enough to give me a scare when I walked into the room and saw my son with the fish food! :D

Leader-Of-The-Fish said:
Yeah it wasn't that much, but enough to give me a scare when I walked into the room and saw my son with the fish food! :D

Your new bio-filter is massive and should be able to handle it...but watch things for a few days. Fish food takes time to decompose and start releasing ammonia...so any effects won't show up for a while. I'd suggest a good gravel vacuuming and pwc if you haven't already.

Okay, I'll do it tomorrow. The thing is should I do the whole gravel bed or just half. I only have an inch of gravel at most. Also I have a pre-filter sponge that has now collected some fish food on it. Should I take it out and give it a squeeze in some tank water?

Thanks for your help. ;)

Leader-Of-The-Fish said:
Okay, I'll do it tomorrow. The thing is should I do the whole gravel bed or just half. I only have an inch of gravel at most. Also I have a pre-filter sponge that has now collected some fish food on it. Should I take it out and give it a squeeze in some tank water?

Thanks for your help. ;)

I would only vac half and just give the prefilter a gentle swoosh in dechlorinated water.

Back
Top Bottom