My new 100G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks ! I will keep you posted with the addition of the plants, I'm adding my last batch of fish on Wednesday!!:)

2 Kamaka Rainbows
2 Apistos
4 Passion Danios

And that will be it or this tank........until the next one:fish2:

I discovered last night some mold (looks like white mold to me) in one piece of driftwood in my tank. So I pulled it out, rinsed in tank water, brushed the mold off, and introduce it back to the tank.

Do I need to be worried?,

That is kind of normal especially with a new piece of wood. It is a fungus or some such which feeds on protiens in the wood. it is harmless and will go away once the food supply is gone.

rich311k said:
That is kind of normal especially with a new piece of wood. It is a fungus or some such which feeds on protiens in the wood. it is harmless and will go away once the food supply is gone.

Good to hear, thanks!

Final batch of fish for this tank...until the next one....

ALL ll fish arrived in good condition,(from Severum mama), healthy, and beautiful.
I did acclimate them with the drip method, took me almost two hours, but when I transferred to my tank, all are swimming good.

The passion danios are super energetic, and active. They are even chaising my rummynose tetras, but i dont think that they are trying to bite them.
The Rainbows (Kamaka) are shy and pale, but swimming nice in the middle of the tank, I think that as soon as they get used to their new home, they will start to get their blue color back.
The Apistos are beautiful, both are great, the male has been following the female already, and looks like he took control of one of the caves.
I will post a picture of them once they get some colors back!!!!!:fish1

I finally move all the fish to the 100G tank. In total I have 55 fish in the tank.

This morning I wake up and discovered that one of my khuli loaches made it through the pipe which send the water from the canister filter to the tank. Not the intake, but into the out take.....???

Short story, he was dead, maybe fighting the current inside. :-(.

The problem is that I have another missing?? Do I need to open the canisters just in case???

I finally move all the fish to the 100G tank. In total I have 55 fish in the tank.

This morning I wake up and discovered that one of my khuli loaches made it through the pipe which send the water from the canister filter to the tank. Not the intake, but into the out take.....???

Short story, he was dead, maybe fighting the current inside. :-(.

The problem is that I have another missing?? Do I need to open the canisters just in case???

:( I'm so sorry to hear about your Loach. I would definitely search the canisters and the pipes. I hope you find him and he's ok!

McLumpy said:
:( I'm so sorry to hear about your Loach. I would definitely search the canisters and the pipes. I hope you find him and he's ok!

Thanks McLumpy, I will open both canisters tomorrow morning.

kdpuffer said:
I had a khuli loach as a kid and never saw it as it borrowed into the sand so it's possible that's where it is.

Ohhhh!
This is good info, so do they dig themselves in the sand sometimes? I will try to keep an eye around the sand also.

ejaramillo01 said:
Ohhhh!
This is good info, so do they dig themselves in the sand sometimes? I will try to keep an eye around the sand also.

Tank looks nice. Is that a DIY spray bar?

Where you the one breathing hard or part of the music? :p

roydooms said:
Tank looks nice. Is that a DIY spray bar?

Where you the one breathing hard or part of the music? :p

Thanks!

The bar is the outlet of one of the canister filters.... That was me breathing hard! I just came back from running when I started to take the video:)

By the way, I opened the canister filter today and found the missing khuli loach!!! :)
Was living for days in one of the baskets! Looked healthy, so I put it back into the tank.
I just hope that he doesn't try again.....

By the way, I opened the canister filter today and found the missing khuli loach!!! :)
Was living for days in one of the baskets! Looked healthy, so I put it back into the tank.
I just hope that he doesn't try again.....

That is great news!! :D

I also love the video! Those are some active fish! It looks like they're enjoying their new home! (y)

Last questions of this tread

Can some body help me to ID this plant? My lfs sold me this one, but I'm not sure If this plant will do good in my set up?
View attachment 37788

2 Bulbs T5HO 54W each, with 6,000K each, white.
No CO2
Lights are on for 5 hour everyday.
Substrate is Pool Filter Sand
I can use root tablets.... No fertilizers...

Back
Top Bottom