My new 100G tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Updated Picture 100G tank

This is the updated picture of my tank.... a lot of changes, before I had just plastic plants, today all are low-medium light plants....... still learning.

Any suggestions of the aquascaping will be appreciated !!!!

;)

Ceej said:
No doubt, this is amazing!

Thanks Ceej.
At the beginning I was nervous/hesitant about real plants.... I liked my old decorations and plastic ones....But once I started with real ones, I got hook on it... No way to go back to plastic... The colors, the natural change of the tank ( due to the plants growth) it's amazing.

Because I have a little more than 1watt per gallon, I have not being able to successfully growth any type of grass to cover some of my sand, I'm planing to add an extra LED light to try to get to 1.8 to 2 watts per gallon and try again.... But maybe CO2 will be needed, I don't know, I read that too much light can create an algae problem, and CO2 help, not just with the plant growth, but also controlling the algae...

Any opinions here?

ejaramillo01 said:
Thanks Ceej.
At the beginning I was nervous/hesitant about real plants.... I liked my old decorations and plastic ones....But once I started with real ones, I got hook on it... No way to go back to plastic... The colors, the natural change of the tank ( due to the plants growth) it's amazing.

I too am about to set up my small tank for plants. I'm tired of plastic and silk decor. Do you recommend using a layer of peat under the sand, or just sand?

Ceej said:
I too am about to set up my small tank for plants. I'm tired of plastic and silk decor. Do you recommend using a layer of peat under the sand, or just sand?

I'm not the most experience regarding plants, but for me, I did not want to mess with the sand (trying to add another layer), so I keep it just with sand.. As long as you add root tablets ( for your root plants) and another liquid fertilizer, such as flourish comprehensive, for the non root plants, you should be able to grow a lot of different plants with no problems...

Thanks Ceej.

Because I have a little more than 1watt per gallon, I have not being able to successfully growth any type of grass to cover some of my sand,

You can easily grow a moss lawn. I did with 1.5 watt per gallon, I even did it with 0.7 watt per gallon when I didn't realize on of my bulbs were blown. LOL.

If you're planning to get better light and CO2, you could do Baby Dwarf Tears.

You can easily grow a moss lawn. I did with 1.5 watt per gallon, I even did it with 0.7 watt per gallon when I didn't realize on of my bulbs were blown. LOL.

If you're planning to get better light and CO2, you could do Baby Dwarf Tears.
Good to know... I will give a try tpo the moss (If I can find some) before I look for the CO2...

This is the updated picture of my tank.... a lot of changes, before I had just plastic plants, today all are low-medium light plants....... still learning.

Any suggestions of the aquascaping will be appreciated !!!!

;)

Beautiful tank. (y) Nice job!

I'm planing to start with plastic or fake plants, I'm still not ready for Real plants, but I will start to read and learn more before I decide to go that route...
Today I have in the tank:

1 Angelfish
7 Rummynose tetras
5 Golden White Clouds
1 Siamese Algae Eater
5 Julii Corys
4 Panda Corys
2 Cardinal or neon tetras (Don't remember the difference)

I'm planning to add first another school of tetras, Kerri, and later some nice rainbow fish, Like the gertrude rainbows....
Just so u know cardinals have their red stripe going all the way through their bodies and are bigger

Jason7894561230 said:
Just so u know cardinals have their red stripe going all the way through their bodies and are bigger

Thanks Jason, my tank has been evolving, that was the original set up, now I have 4 cardinals and 4 neons in the tank,

McLumpy said:
Your tank looks INCREDIBLE, Edgar!! Nice job w/ the plants! They're really filling-in nicely! Any chance for a video post? :D

Thanks my friend, I will do my best to try to post a video, it is a promise...
And yes, I'm really happy with the plants, now I'm learning more on the trimming :)

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom