My new bubbas :D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red stripe halfbeaks, got them today from the breeder. If they do well I'll make them up to 6 (they school). Have to lower the water level in the tank tomorrow , it's up to the trim so I can't see them properly at the moment.

seriuosly?!? do myou know how big regular halfbeeks get?

Well the update is:
The day after I got them one of them was pretty beat up (got named Balboa!). His tail was shot, one fin was immobile nad half his beak had gone :( so I put him in my hospital tank. Spoke to the breeder and his suggestion was once Balboa had recovered get 3 more (to make the school up) and introduce them at the same time. Sadly 2 days later Balboa died. The 2 guys that were left were healthy but not quite right, if you know what I mean. So yesterday I got 4 more to make the school up to 6 and now they are happily (I hope) schooling. The only issue that I have found is that my other fish are such piggys that I have to put the sinking food in first so the 'beaks have a chance at the floating stuff.

Back
Top Bottom