My New Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe if you put in in really hot water in a bathtub u could ( almost) boil it! :)

You could somehow make it stay completely submerged in water... Like put something heavy on it or strap it down.

maxwellag said:
You could somehow make it stay completely submerged in water... Like put something heavy on it or strap it down.

I thought about that, but not sure what to put over it...

Bettababe1011 said:
I scoured the house, but to no avail. I could not find a waterproof heavyful object.

It's 11:47 here lol this is how I get to bed and hmm. Are you looking for a way to keep it down in the aquarium or just while it soaks up the water? All the dw a d my lfs come with a metal plate attach to the bottom

Use a pot or pan. If it's heavy enough. U could also put a weight there. Do u have any weights?

This was from petsmart. I got it when I got the java fern.

I'm probably going to use rocks to keep it down. Like my other piece has two rocks to hold it down since it still won't sink, an it's been in there since the beginning.

You could do that. Eventually, both dw that r floating should sink. Unless it is rotten or hollow...

I think yur water parakeets wud be doin somthi funky rite now it one was rotten... Lol! :)

maxwellag said:
I think yur water parakeets wud be doin somthi funky rite now it one was rotten... Lol! :)

Parakeet huh?! Is that like a miniature parrot cichlid?

Lol sorry it's supposed to be parameters. My iPod touch changes things that it thinks I accidentally spelled wrong.

maxwellag said:
Lol sorry it's supposed to be parameters. My iPod touch changes things that it thinks I accidentally spelled wrong.

Yeah. Haha. If there were water parakeets, I'd be far away from them. My two adored parakeets died suddenly and unexplainably.

Okay. I'm scared to boil these rocks. They made a weird noise when I put them on to boil, so I took them off. I don't want them to explode on me! What should I do? Will sitting them in vinegar clean them?

Bettababe1011 said:
Okay. I'm scared to boil these rocks. They made a weird noise when I put them on to boil, so I took them off. I don't want them to explode on me! What should I do? Will sitting them in vinegar clean them?

never boil there could be traped air pockets and thell explode dont bake either mr limpet had rocks explode on him before

I've boiled twice before and ha it go well, but these rocks made strange noises when I put them in... So I'm not boiling them. Right now I have them sitting in really hot water in the sink.

Back
Top Bottom