My poor Anakin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

funwiththefish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My juvenile green severum (2"), Anakin, was nibbled by his tankmate, a 2" african cichlid. I recently moved, and placed my fish in a 10 gal tank to empty out my 55 and make the move. I think the nibbling took place in the 10 gal for the two days they were in it. Winter, the cichlid, likes to chase Anakin around, and Ani didn't have much space to work with.

I think the situation is improving, now that they're both back in the 55 gal. Winter still chases Ani, but he's got room to hide, now. The only other tankmates are an adult (8" severum) and a 1" upsidedown catfish.

I think I'm going to move Winter to a 10 gal I have empty right now. I don't have it set up, but I think I'll do just that. It will actually work out really well. The adult severum, Nom, likes to nibble on my live plants (a few Amazon swords, and a bunch of microswords) which is a bit of a problem, because she completely uproots the plants. I hadn't realized they could be so easily uprooted when I purchased them.

So I'm going to put the live plants and Winter in the 10 gal tank. I'm really disappointed, too, because that means I'll have to buy more fish. Darn.

Thanks for listenling, fellow fish friends. There isn't anyone around here I can just talk fish to. No one else would get excited about my needing to set up a new tank and buy more fish. I know I've got a listening ear here at AA.

Yay! You're well on your way to having MTS. (multiple tank syndrome). Just watch so winter doesn't get too crowded in that 10 gallon tank or else you might be buying yet another tank for him/her when it gets bigger! LOL

-Stewie

Back
Top Bottom