My tank is blah!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mommaof4boys

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm pretty unhappy with my tank right now... it just doesn't wow me. I think when I add some amazon swords I'll be satisfied with the layout, but the stock, ehh.. 5 black skirts, 5 black neons, 5 harlequin, and 6 neons. I have a 55 gallon, 2 110 aquaclear filters running. Can I get some ideas on some more contrasting color and possibly bigger, neater interesting fish? I feel like my tank is just... blah... I'll post a picture... I thank you all in advance!

Attachments

• 20130126_230958.jpg
    20130126_230958.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 162
Rainbow fish would be good, I think you should add some tall plants a long the back though. Although if you add rainbows that have long fins you might want to switch out the skirt tetras for something else because they might nip fins.

I'm pretty unhappy with my tank right now... it just doesn't wow me. I think when I add some amazon swords I'll be satisfied with the layout, but the stock, ehh.. 5 black skirts, 5 black neons, 5 harlequin, and 6 neons. I have a 55 gallon, 2 110 aquaclear filters running. Can I get some ideas on some more contrasting color and possibly bigger, neater interesting fish? I feel like my tank is just... blah... I'll post a picture... I thank you all in advance!

How about this: up your current schools just alittle then add a school of cories or botia loaches and a pair of kribs, german rams, or angel fish?
A school of zebra danios would probably be cool too.

How about this: up your current schools just alittle then add a school of cories or botia loaches and a pair of kribs, german rams, or angel fish?
A school of zebra danios would probably be cool too.

^ you beat my to it!! Rams and cories would add interest/color and more movement.

I LOVE rams! I think they are the cutest things ever! However, I would only be able to have Bolivian because my pH is way to high for GBR. I like GBR's because of the color... Bolivians are a lot less colorful. I've heard a lot about rainbows, but I'm not liking the shapes of most of them... I'll keep researching them. I thought maybe some gouramies and angels. I'm definitely getting about 6 or 7 cories to go in there.. I just need something else... Yes, I agree about the plants in the back.. I'm working on that! :)

I LOVE rams! I think they are the cutest things ever! However, I would only be able to have Bolivian because my pH is way to high for GBR. I like GBR's because of the color... Bolivians are a lot less colorful. I've heard a lot about rainbows, but I'm not liking the shapes of most of them... I'll keep researching them. I thought maybe some gouramies and angels. I'm definitely getting about 6 or 7 cories to go in there.. I just need something else... Yes, I agree about the plants in the back.. I'm working on that! :)

From my understanding GBRs will be ok at high ph. I could be wrong though.

I also think rainbows are a good choice or you could add a small school of roselike sharks...see my video attached here of my 115G

Here's the video....sorry for the quality, it's off my iPad...

I thought about maybe opaline gourami. I saw a pretty big one at petsmart last week and it was a very light color. Looked neat, I thought maybe that would add some different color to my tank. I wouldn't mind adding a school of cardinal tetras either, put some more color in there...

Okay, so could I add 4 more neons, 10 cardinals, a pair of GBR's, and about 6 or 7 cories? I'd love to have a few angels in there also.. could they all coexist?

Okay, so could I add 4 more neons, 10 cardinals, a pair of GBR's, and about 6 or 7 cories? I'd love to have a few angels in there also.. could they all coexist?

Maybe. You would need to keep a sharp eye on things though.

Okay, so I guess angels are out! lol :) Is there another type of large fish that would work in a tank with all the others?

Back
Top Bottom