my tank - stocking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kathleen55

Aquarium Advice Freak
heres whats in my 10g tank:
- 2 platys (i know they have a large bioload but i cant upgrade their tank right now)
- 2 ADFs
- 1 threadfin rainbow
- 2 mystery snails
im fully stocked right? could i get another snail?
thanks

Only 1 more snail.
But I totally get you not being able to upgrade. I'm In the same situation

Another snail or 2 would be fine. You could add another platy or another rainbow or 2. It would be better if the rainbow was in a small group. The tank is definitely on the small size for platy's, but they will be ok so long as you keep up with regular water changes.

Another snail or 2 would be fine. You could add another platy or another rainbow or 2. It would be better if the rainbow was in a small group. The tank is definitely on the small size for platy's, but they will be ok so long as you keep up with regular water changes.
could i add 1 snail and 1 rainbow? i couldnt have a whole school for the rainbow but 1 is better than nothing right? he was the last one at petco also and i havent seen them since, but i could try petsmart. which has a larger bioload? thanks for the help

The fish will have a much larger bioload. I would try to get 2 rainbows so you have 3 total. That would about max you out stocking wise.

Back
Top Bottom