Mysis Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

madstyle1

Aquarium Advice Freak
are mysis shrimp's good to use as ammonia source to feed the benefical bacteria? Im currently in quarantine stage for my new additions.

My brother gave me a bunch of pack of mysis shrimp that he didn't need anymore. But I agree not a good idea to waste food

No really, to tiny. Grocery store jumbo shrimp. Lay it in a fish net, then lay that in the water, the net will keep it from getting all over the tank once it starts to break down.

Yeah i have like 4 jumbo shrimps in there from my cycling stage. I left it all out there and now its hard to get the leftovers since its at the back of the tank.

Is it necessary to add anything else if you still have the jumbo shrimp in there?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

So throw another shrimp?

Or can i just ad some dr tims when i add the fish?

The goal is to have no ammonia or nitrite readings while the ammonia source, the shrimp, is present. We cat tell you anything without knowing what the test results are.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well my fish is in the quarantine stage so in looking at another 3 weeks before going into my main tank. I wasnt sure if my display tank will be ok (beneficial bacteria) without killing it since there are no ammonia source

A Jumbo shrimp left in a net laying in tank water should be more than enough of an ammonia source to get the cycle started and finished.

Back
Top Bottom