need an id on this please.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ORION411

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have this coral that came on this piece of lr I purchased and would like to know what exactly it is so I can look up more info on it it's been alive 7 months or so and is thriving, and I'd very appreciated

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120615_214849.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120615_214849.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 99
Flreefer said:
Looks like a Knobby Gorgonian.

Awesome thank u I checked it out and that was on the money, I'm trying to figure out how to frag it cause it's branches are getting to close to other corals :)

I think the only Way to frag a Gorgonian would be to take a whole branch, all the way from the base, including the piece of base that it it connected to. They can be really susceptible to algae, and it you tried to trim a branch, to shorten it, the place where you cut it will get algae on the cut. This can then spread down the branch and kill it off,
I've never done it, but taking a piece of the base with it, seems like the only way possible,
Best of luck!

Flreefer said:
I think the only Way to frag a Gorgonian would be to take a whole branch, all the way from the base, including the piece of base that it it connected to. They can be really susceptible to algae, and it you tried to trim a branch, to shorten it, the place where you cut it will get algae on the cut. This can then spread down the branch and kill it off,
I've never done it, but taking a piece of the base with it, seems like the only way possible,
Best of luck!

Wow sounds like I should do some aqua scaping and move some lr around I don't wanna chance it and kill it, it's way to healthy thanks for the replies :)

Yeah, I agree, that would be your best option. It does look nice and healthy.
Some Gorgonians can be difficult to keep alive, let alone to be growing well. I would just try to put it in a similar spot ( same light and flow as original area) if possible.
Hope you have continued success with it! :)

Back
Top Bottom