Need Brackish Stocking Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tong

Aquarium Advice Activist
I am about to start a 20 gallon long tank and thought I might try my hand at a brackish tank. What would you stock it with? It will have an SG of no more than 1.005 as I will also have live plants.

Alot of brackish fish need over 30gal, and alot of brackish fish are pretty agressive, so a brackish community tank would be hard to keep. You could keep a bunch of mollies, or maybe a few bumblebee gobies, those are really neat. I am not sure if you would be able to keep puffers or not, i think you might be able to pull it off. Anybody agree?

Puffer fish. fig 8s, GSPs, A GSP may require 30 gallons though, a fig 8 might work in a 20...

I have a 16 gallon brackish with guppys and a knight goby (for population control). I have heard bumblee bee gobies are pretty neat too. Mollys would also work, or a mixture of mollys and guppies.

orange chromides are an interesting fish...i received a male and female as a gift, and how they're insepertable

remember to acclimate these fish...you can just dump them from fw to bw in a day, it takes weeks adding a bit of salt in each day or so

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I think I am down to this setup. Let me know what you think.

3 Guppies (2 Female, 1 Male)
6 Glassfish
1 Knight Goby or 4 Bumblebee Gobies

Okay, so Glassfish get to like 3" but they are 1/8" thick so maybe a small school will be okay.

I'd probably go with the knight goby over the bumblebee's to keep the guppy population low.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom