Need coral ID please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wolfsblood

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Got this frag a couple weeks ago but I have no idea what it is. This is posing a problem for me because I don't know where to put it. I have tried a few locations and it seems to like it a little better in this lower flow/light area but it still has not opened fully.

Looks like a type of star polyp to me. They like good flow and light. Though they do spread quickly. You may want to make this an island on the sand so it doesn't spread.

Yes they are metallic green star polyps. They do like flow, but if u have a wave maker that creates flow that sways back and forth they will like that even better. Their arms will also grow longer with such current. They are very pretty when they spread. Some people even like to call it grass with eyes.

If u have metal halides or strong leds I would leave it there for about a week. After a week I would slowly start inching it out and maybe even up if you'd like. You need to let the polyps adjust to your light because they have a bad habbit of running from a light they aren't acclimated to. This in return leads to death of the polyps.

Back
Top Bottom