Neon tetra and tiger barb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ej_b1996 said:
Do regular crawfish ruin live plants also?

Yes. I bet. Lol. I'm sure there is something they don't mess with, I just don't know what it is.

Haha oh ok well thank you!

Ill go research a bit more lol
Thanks for all the help!

A pair of dwarf gouramis would be nice and there also pretty looking. You could also get a pair of platys.

I own a platy and it is a big POOP MACHINE so imo I don't recommend unless you dont mind the extra cleaning. In a seperate tank, I own 6 tiger barbs, yes they can get aggressive but mine have never nipped a fin not even during pecking order but they are also POOPERS (they are housed with a RedTailShark, 3 Gouramis, and 1 rubberlip pleco. I must agree they do need 20g+ and i would not chance putting your little guys in with tb's just in case. As a FOCAL fish, you could choose a Threadfin Rainbow or my favorite Spotted Blue-Eye Rainbow...beautiful fin shape...good luck

Ej_b1996 said:
Haha oh ok well thank you!

Ill go research a bit more lol
Thanks for all the help!

No problem! Let us know how everything turns out!

Tetra1990 said:
I'm looking to get a blue crawfish.

Awesome! That's what I have! They're really fun. Make sure you have plenty of places for them to hide because they love darker places. I have turtle basking platforms and slate rock in mine, that way i can always see him. Otherwise, they are out of sight a lot of the time! Here are some better pictures of my blue crawfish. the last one shows where he likes to hide. :)

Attachments

• image-4073142102.jpg
    image-4073142102.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3890577878.jpg
    image-3890577878.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3063009333.jpg
    image-3063009333.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 53
Here's a cool picture of the female blue crawfish I used to have.

Attachments

• image-3847467877.jpg
    image-3847467877.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 55
Awesome! That's what I have! They're really fun. Make sure you have plenty of places for them to hide because they love darker places. I have turtle basking platforms and slate rock in mine, that way i can always see him. Otherwise, they are out of sight a lot of the time! Here are some better pictures of my blue crawfish. the last one shows where he likes to hide. :)

Looks good. I'm working on getting more driftwood and some sort of flat slate rock. What do you feed yours?

Looks good. I'm working on getting more driftwood and some sort of flat slate rock. What do you feed yours?

Your craw will love it! Mine always has rosy red minnows. When he gets down to 2 or 3, i buy 5 more and put them in there. I also give him an algae wafer once a week. He seems to have a better appetite if I give him some roughage. :) sorry for the late response. For some reason i never got a notification for your comment.

Back
Top Bottom