Neons & Minnows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gingerfizz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Are neons & Minnows compatible? I have only found out neons are freshwater. So would a school of neons go with my 2 minnows & 2 platys or would it be better to up my school of minnows (the gold ones are lovely)? Also your opinion on whether to get another female platy to go with my other 2 females or get a male (or is that down to whether as a beginner I want to deal with fry or not)

They should all be fine together what ever you want to do. But with the platt get another female as well as a male to keep it about 3-1 ratio. But you will get lots of babies lol

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You should just refer to them as white clouds, everyone will know what you mean. Minnow is a very general term that can cover a wide variety of fresh and saltwater fish. while you art technically correct that white clouds are real minnows, in common usage the word minnow usually refers to bait fish.
In answer to your question, yes neon tetras will get along fine with white clouds and actually make fairly good tank-mates.

Back
Top Bottom