Neons platies and corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Neonfishgirl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok. So I really think that I can get as many fish in a 5 gallon flual chi aquarium as long as they don't look squished. Can I? If anyone says I can only have 1 betta fish that's junk

Last edited:
It's not exactly junk. If you have a betta you can only have a betta and maybe a snail. Mainly your other options are 3 guppies or 5-6 neon tetras. I would go with the guppies, because neons are incredibly picky about water parameters. They die easily. If you want bottom dwellers you could also get 5 ghost shrimp with the guppies.

I wouldn't do any fish you've suggested. You could do a school of chilli Rasboras, with shrimp. But no neons, platies or Cories. You could do maybe lest killifish

Thanks but my grandma won't let me have anything bigger than that tank and we both really like those fish

I tricked you

Btw whoever answered my question earlier I just said that to see what you would sayI had 2 platies live 3 years and 1 live 4 years and 5 neons live 6 and a half years and 1 Cory live 2 years I hate bettas

That is seriously immature. People here are trying to help and such foolishness wastes everyone's time. Try to be more considerate.

FishontheRock said:
That is seriously immature. People here are trying to help and such foolishness wastes everyone's time. Try to be more considerate.

I agree totally, not all people on here know every thing but there are some that know exactly what they are talking about and the ones who are learning share what they know.

bm5424 said:
^ I agree. You asked and other responded. I read the post and they werent even rude

Most people on this site are not rude, they try to help.
The only rude one in the thread is the one who started it.
People will remember the names involved in foolish games and those individuals will likely go with out good advice when it is really needed.
Nobody knows everything but a combination of allot of good people here can really help with a problem and teach things that you don't know.
I learn something new every day on here.

Most people on this site are not rude, they try to help.
The only rude one in the thread is the one who started it.
People will remember the names involved in foolish games and those individuals will likely go with out good advice when it is really needed.
Nobody knows everything but a combination of allot of good people here can really help with a problem and teach things that you don't know.
I learn something new every day on here.

The advice might not be what you want to hear, but it's what's best for the fish.

Agreed, early on I was told a lot about overstocking and compatibility that unfortunately, were I to act upon it, would require me to rehome a lot of my fish. It's easy to ask and receive advice when the answer is something you want to hear, it's a lot harder when it's not.

I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry I just want common pretty fish because mine died last year and I wanted to get the same kind because they lived long :(

My advice would be to research the fish you are interested in, you might find info you don't already know. Google works wonders.

Neonfishgirl said:
I had 5 neons 3 platies and 1 cory

What your can stock depends on your tank size and consideration of what each fish likes and if you intend to breed them.
If you want the platy to breed 1 male and 2 female.
Neons like to be in a group of 6 to school but 5 would be ok.
Corys like to be in at least a group of 3.
So your tank size with out any of them breeding for the fish you have listed I would recommend it be a minimum of 20 gal, 25 would be better and if you want baby platy would go to at least a 30.
All of the fish listed can live together happily as long as thru are given a proper size home.
If you want different fish look at the pet stores write down what you like and then research them to see if they can live together and what each individual needs

Then you're young enough that we can eventually mold you into the perfect fishkeeper........ :brows:

Small tanks = small fish

Small tanks = fewer options

You've been given great advice. I suggest you sit down with your grandmother and share it with her.

I'm so sad because my grandma won't let me get anything bigger and I even said if I could gat a 10 gallon I would do all the maintenance but she said it would be too much work still are there any options for the fluval chi that I can get at petco besides bettas b/c I am on the verge of crying I'm so confused

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom