New 100G long tank Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It varies with the types of corals in terms of intensity

I gotcha, I'll definitely have to research that. I've been researching the lighting. I really want something that can run the daytime and moonlight cycle. I've checked out then Ai Sols and the Hydras. I like them but they're pretty high. I know my buddy has mentioned a couple of the reefbreeder brands to me but I haven't checked them. You have any suggestions yourself?

I like the double and quadruple t5 and the LEDs. Right now I'm running a double t5 with 1 actinic and 1 10000k by Coralife and a LED strip light fluval reef and Marine. I like the combination together and they're not very pricey but to short for my tank so I'm looking into a long quadruple with 2 actinic and 2 10000k bulbs with separate switches so I can turn on just the actinics at certain times.

There are taotronic led panels. They go by other names now too. They'll support anything photosynthetically and cover 2 ft of tank length. Pretty good bang for your buck.

Sorry, accidentally posted my last comment on the previous page. Can nano lights be used on this tank since it's longer and more shallow?

I don't know what nano lights are, but I don't see how the type of lighting for smaller tanks would be beneficial. They are still expensive and won't cover as much area as ones that are designed for a 2 ft length of coverage, which is universal for most units like what I described and goes from the cheapest to the most expensive unit.

Think I'm gonna go with 3 of the reedbreeder coral moon boxes. Been researching them and reading personal reviews and people even have them on big tanks. Tanks deeper than mine and seem to be growing whatever they want. Think I'm gonna get 3.

Tank came from glass cages

How is the quality? Are the ends of the glass panes finished or still rough from the break? It would be cool to get some pics up close of some of the craftsmanship. They are about a 3 1/2 hour drive from me and I was thinking about using them for my next tank.

How is the quality? Are the ends of the glass panes finished or still rough from the break? It would be cool to get some pics up close of some of the craftsmanship. They are about a 3 1/2 hour drive from me and I was thinking about using them for my next tank.

The tank is not currently at my house, and it needs a touch up silicone job on the top in the bracing. Nothing major, just could use some filling in. It's all like double braced too. I think she's gonna hold fine. But I bought this from someone else. I can't really give you a full detail review because I haven't gotten water in it yet nor have I done direct business with them. But from the looks of things, she's gonna hold just fine. Major seals are okay, no deep scratches or scratches at all, and it's double braces from the looks of things. Just needs a little cosmetic silicone job. Nothing that actually affects the structure of the tank.

IMG_0371.jpgIMG_0372.jpgIMG_0373.jpg

Not quite finished but we started building the stand today. Step Dad is taking a nice break but we should have it put together in the next hour or so. I hope to have it painted tonight. So far the stand has only cost roughly $170. Going to try and build the sump sometime this coming week, but so far so good!

So, a topic that doesn't relate to hardware tonight. How do we feel about a floating reef tank with a stingray?

Back
Top Bottom