New 20 gallon set up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sica118

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello everyone I am rejoining the hobby and need a little bit of advice. I am trying something different which is putting sand in a freshwater tank, which i have not done before. These are the chemicals i started of with; Prime conditioner, top fin water clarifier, and top fin bacteria supplement. This is what it looks like so far.

/Users/Sica118/Pictures/iPhoto Library.photolibrary/Masters/2014/07/29/20140729-193736/photo.JPG

Picture

Here is the picture of the tank.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 75
Sand is a usual substrate . Is jes like using rocks or gravel . Cycle your tank.like usual. Do u have a plan for a scape?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

4 Molly's swimming into glass at the corner. Any suggestions why. Also shutting up to the top of the water.

Is the tank cycled?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

It ran for 4 days before I put fish in it. The water test good, the only thing wrong is low alkalinity level.

One if my Molly's died today. My nitrate is between 1-3 any advice?

Overstocking .. Keep what you have and it should find a good level .. You kinda need to let the tank mature a bit first before adding more fish ...

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Also cut back on feeding just once a day for a week that will bring your levels back down

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom