New 55gal planted!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update.. Didn't get to go through choice of plants yet.. But here's the tank..

image-1405482212.jpg

Lemme know what you guys think!! (glass needs to be cleaned)

Rivercats said:
I like the DW especially the middle one.

Yeah, we bought 3, the two extra & the one on the right.. Then we stopped at one last store on the way home. & saw the other two, & were like.. These look better.. Does that seem like too much though?

I'd play with arranging them. Maybe try standing the big piece up and grouping the little piece on the right by it towards the front or against it. Then move the left one off the glass and maybe see what it looks like laying different ways. You might find you just like the two like pieces (center and right) or all three if you can find a good layout. I always play with arranging DW and rocks before I set a tank up.

Rivercats said:
I'd play with arranging them. Maybe try standing the big piece up and grouping the little piece on the right by it towards the front or against it. Then move the left one off the glass and maybe see what it looks like laying different ways. You might find you just like the two like pieces (center and right) or all three if you can find a good layout. I always play with arranging DW and rocks before I set a tank up.

Okay, I'll do that.. Thanks!

How is the tank coming? My mother and I just bought a 55gal and are wanting a natural setup similar to yours, (you copycat! haha jk). Also, I saw you are in NC, me too! I live a few miles away from Asheville and I was wondering where you go to buy your supplies. I may have to dive to Charlotte for supplies and fish.

Kay2lynnS said:
How is the tank coming? My mother and I just bought a 55gal and are wanting a natural setup similar to yours, (you copycat! haha jk). Also, I saw you are in NC, me too! I live a few miles away from Asheville and I was wondering where you go to buy your supplies. I may have to dive to Charlotte for supplies and fish.

We are just now getting everythig.. Hope to get it put in tonight.. & start it up.. & supplies as in? The few plants we have gotten are from a mix of. Petsmart & Fintastics in Charlotte.. I bought my Eco complete from Aquarium Center of NC, 24.99 there.. I also got my plants for my 10 gallon from Piedmont Fish & Reptile.

Kay2lynnS said:

We are just now getting everythig.. Hope to get it put in tonight.. & start it up.. & supplies as in? The few plants we have gotten are from a mix of. Petsmart & Fintastics in Charlotte.. I bought my Eco complete from Aquarium Center of NC, 24.99 there.. I also got my plants for my 10 gallon from Piedmont Fish & Reptile.

fishfool58 said:

Awesome. I want to set mine up but we have yet to find a stand for our 55 gal. We may just make our own. Keep us updated! :)

fishfool58 said:
Update.. Didn't get to go through choice of plants yet.. But here's the tank..

Lemme know what you guys think!! (glass needs to be cleaned)

Those are awesome pieces of dw!!!

UPDATE: i ended up using Scotts Hyponex potting soil. & Thanks!! I love them.. Here's the tank up & running.. Don't pay attention to all my plants floating.. I did everything in a couple of hours.. Still cloudy though.. Lemme know what you guys think..

Attachments

• image-933714054.jpg
    image-933714054.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-1210242557.jpg
    image-1210242557.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 81
  • image-1004176959.jpg
    image-1004176959.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 71
  • image-1419797541.jpg
    image-1419797541.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 85
UPDATE: cleared up, with the plants so far, Also added some Cardinal Tetras, & Glowlight Tetras. Here's some pictures.. Still going to be adding a couple more plants over the next few days.

Attachments

• image-732757803.jpg
    image-732757803.jpg
    162.8 KB · Views: 76
  • image-551385521.jpg
    image-551385521.jpg
    166.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image-4260271907.jpg
    image-4260271907.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 72
  • image-1684970858.jpg
    image-1684970858.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 66
  • image-1256121125.jpg
    image-1256121125.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image-1310760052.jpg
    image-1310760052.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 75
fishfool58 said:
UPDATE: cleared up, with the plants so far, Also added some Cardinal Tetras, & Glowlight Tetras. Here's some pictures.. Still going to be adding a couple more plants over the next few days.

Looks awesome!

Back
Top Bottom