New apisto rescape!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He'd better be! Not so much a biotope...just want them to spawn is all.. not like I need it, just a project really. See.. you go and post a ridiculous pic like that... whyyyyyyy?!?!* that's amazing.. clip on light and all.. mine will be more "functional".. i have a chunk of dw with a mat of fissedens I yanked out of the 30.. the dw had some residual java moss somewhere and it kept crawling through. Made me crazyyyy! I'd be happy to add more crypts, I'll probably hit up fresh for his hidden treasures. Almond leaves on the substrate with Tetra blackwater additives..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Yea that guy found his wood. Unbelievable piece! I love how a lot of it comes up out of the tank. Would be great with terrestrial moss attached. Your great on dwarf chichlids so I'm sure you'll come up with a great home for them

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So it begins.. don't mind water level in betta tank, betta is sick..

Attachments

• 1415404966571.jpg
    1415404966571.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 74
As we speak man! my girl is only out of town until Sunday haha. Im moving the kitchen tank to the 10' s old spot, no more sunlight curtain battles and I have a whole wall of tanks!! I know.. sounds nerdy no but I'm actually pretty happy to have them all in one viewing window...

As we speak man! my girl is only out of town until Sunday haha. Im moving the kitchen tank to the 10' s old spot, no more sunlight curtain battles and I have a whole wall of tanks!! I know.. sounds nerdy no but I'm actually pretty happy to have them all in one viewing window...

Be sure to keep updating. I'll follow for a while until I need to sleep. I'll catch the rest in the morning before TGM visit

She's out of town and you only put up one tank?!?! Opportunities man, opportunities.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

New tank....Cha cha cha!!! Tgm!! I'll be up at 7 UK time:) gillie... bro.. I'm going to have to lie through my teeth and say.."it's the same tank.. just looks different over there. It's not another 10 gallons.."

That's where I'm at..functional, the different color rocks should pop under the leds. These guys were so ready to move.. they literally swam into the net.m never happens, I bagged them and floated them in the heated wc barrel, pitch black too.. can't wait to let them loose in the new romper room..

Attachments

• 1415409792933.jpg
    1415409792933.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 68
Fishes are back in... added a bag if carbon because I skipped washing the new sand.. it was the "good stuff" so..

Crypts would look good in there for sure.
That stand looks exactly like the one that holds up my low light shrimp tank. I got mine at Petco (Kingston brand). I slapped on some extra maple cabinet doors that actually fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Crypts would look good in there for sure.
That stand looks exactly like the one that holds up my low light shrimp tank. I got mine at Petco (Kingston brand). I slapped on some extra maple cabinet doors that actually fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yah.. I'm really liking the idea of crypts more and more, may even pull the hygro, i had a 24 " sink base ($75) lined up with the left over piece of mahogany to top it, would have matched my other stand perfectly. Went to pet supplies plus for the 15 gal, it was $33, the 20 l was dollar a gal... the stand was % 25 off, versa top was on sale... I wanted a 20L the whole time, i just wanted to utilize the leftover mahogany.. oh well... I'm going to mill it down to make doors and a lower tank trim with it:)

Here we are... what do you think about the dw? Above the cave with a bunch of anubias Nana tied off? Got some crypt wendti green as well..

Attachments

• 1415498121803.jpg
    1415498121803.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 1415498137379.jpg
    1415498137379.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 83
Great piece of wood. Get that in the corner and have the branches flow towards opposite corner

Back right corner?

Are you going to add any fish? Or is this just gonna be for breeding them for fun.

I don't think so... they act so different in this tank, I've recommended people keeping apistos in a 10 before, i guess it's do able, it's really limited the natural behavior though.. i could be wrong but that's juts based on my limited experience. If they spawn it would be cool to leave it be and see how it progresses. Besides.. picking up my new celestial pearl danios for the other tank i re-did last night. . I'm holding off on pics for now, don't want sk3lly to mad at me:D

Done for now:D I'm pretty happy with it..

Attachments

• 1415569780191.jpg
    1415569780191.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 1415569794705.jpg
    1415569794705.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 65
  • 1415569807999.jpg
    1415569807999.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 72
Back