New plants arrived!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buffalo Bill

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just recieved my new plants from freshwater aquarium plants and now I have the aquarium freshly planted. I guess this is when the fun truly starts. I'll keep you all posted on the progress/stumbling blocks. I think when it fills out in a couple of weeks it will look good. Check out the pics

Attachments

• fishhy_009_324.jpg
    fishhy_009_324.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 22
  • fishhy_012_202.jpg
    fishhy_012_202.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 19
  • fishhy_006_574.jpg
    fishhy_006_574.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 30
Cool, it's always neat to get new plants in :). That should look really cool once it starts to fill out. Congrats.

Is that anubias nana in the bottom picture (on the left)? If it is, you want to pull it up some. If the rhizome is buried, it will rot and die.

8O This is exactly why I'm addicted to this web site. I think Jragg just helped me dodge the first bullet. Thanks bro. :wink: How's this look.

Attachments

• aquarium_001_175.jpg
    aquarium_001_175.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 19
  • aquarium_002_880.jpg
    aquarium_002_880.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 16
  • aquarium_005_974.jpg
    aquarium_005_974.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 18
I can't really tell from the picture, but as long as at least the top 3/4 of the rhizome is out of the gravel you should be fine. I made the same mistake when I first planted mine, and eventually I ended up tying mine to some driftwood (after a couple times moving it). I didn't think I'd like it on driftwood, but it has grown on me. Terrible pun, lol.

The tank looks good though. It'll look even better when it starts to fill out.

I think the plants will take off with all the gear that I've upgraded to (I won't tell the boss exactly what the total cost was though :lol: ). The tank is a 55 gal with a coralife 260 watt (130watts at 10,000k 130 watts at 6700k), pressurized CO2 sys, eco complete substrate and greg watson dry fert. dosing. I've been testing the water every day to get the dosing tweeked in using the EI as a good starting point....Wish me luck.

Back
Top Bottom