New South American Tank ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red jewels are africans

really? i dont know much about the species to be honest

Come on tex I've told you this before. And like I said the list is from Hukit idk the common names either. Also since their from Hukit they aren't your see in any lfs type of fish

well i dont know what i want yet, all i know is mbuna and peacocks sorry lol

None of those are from South America, they're all Centrals.

My bad. Their new worlds close enough right?

like i said i dont know what i want yet, i dont know a south american from a central or anything about them, sorry if i titled the thread wrong guys! :facepalm:

i dont want another breeding pair if im gonna need a 55g for them, id rather jut keep a single fish thats non mbuna/peacock for my bedroom tank

This is a really broad question, I can give you a few dozen species that can live in a 40 breeder, but it really comes down to what colors, temperament, and tank mates you want, are you looking for a community tank?

Any of these

Green severum
Convict
Gold severum
Port Acara
Blue Acara
Keyhole cichlid

This is a really broad question, I can give you a few dozen species that can live in a 40 breeder, but it really comes down to what colors, temperament, and tankards you want, are you looking for a community tank?

i know its very broad and i apologize in advance but i dont know what im looking for yet but i think i know its gonna be a south/central american cichlid

Any of these

Green severum
Convict
Gold severum
Port Acara
Blue Acara
Keyhole cichlid

to plain to me, and i have cons now, theyre stil small i would enjoy em more if they grew faster

heres a few fish i like, you guys tell me yes or no lol

stock-photo-colorful-cichlid-from-central-america-9239110.jpg
Nandopsis_salvini-F1.jpg

chiseltooth-cichlid-profile.jpg

JaguarCichlidWFCiam_AcF201.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2068.jpg

Oh ok hmmmmmmmmmm see Texas cichlids need a minimum of 50 gallons but who cares just wing it and get a Texas cichlid in the 29 then upgrade as soon as possible to the 40.

Oh ok hmmmmmmmmmm see Texas cichlids need a minimum of 50 gallons but who cares just wing it and get a Texas cichlid in the 29 then upgrade as soon as possible to the 40.

That is a HORRIBLE mentality...what if funds become tight and you can't purchase a bigger tank? You doom them basically. Carpintis need room to spread out and move, plus they're pretty aggressive spawners.

As for the other pics you posted: yes, no, not sure on the species but I would guess no, and the last two are definitely no's. the first one is a good choice or that size tank, archocentrus multispinosa. A Central American species that is semi-aggressive

I'm sorry I was trying to help and I was wrong thanks for calling me out.

I just was thinking he could try if he wants and if it doesn't work out just take him back but I guess I was thinking about that to much haha

Back
Top Bottom