New South American Tank ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just was thinking he could try if he wants and if it doesn't work out just take him back but I guess I was thinking about that to much haha

wait arent you the 12yr old that crams fihs in a 10g tank until they die and gets your parents to buy your more fish? GTFO of my thread please, thats horrible advice.

I thought they looked a little strange

i think it looks ok, if i had another 75g i would get an arowana but i dont lol

wait arent you the 12yr old that crams fihs in a 10g tank until they die and gets your parents to buy your more fish? GTFO of my thread please, thats horrible advice.

i think it looks ok, if i had another 75g i would get an arowana but i dont lol

Arowanas need much bigger than a 75g

to each his own :fish2:

Selective breeding for a specific traits has a detrimental effect on the fishes immune system and internal organs ability to grow properly(think stunting), so yes I find mutating mother nature cruel. Especially since cichlids like the EBJD are more likely to perish at a younger age...if that doesn't change your mind then nothing will. Your correct to each their own indeed.

Selective breeding for a specific traits has a detrimental effect on the fishes immune system and internal organs ability to grow properly(think stunting), so yes I find mutating mother nature cruel. Especially since cichlids like the EBJD are more likely to perish at a younger age...if that doesn't change your mind then nothing will. Your correct to each their own indeed.

and now that im aware, yes to each his own, but im with you on that, i think breeding for color, traits, body length etc is wrong, i dont believe in it, and i was honestly unaware the texas was in that group.

I think the mixteco was one of the fish I was looking at from hukits list. Check out the gold version

hell yeah! i like it, whats the cost on one of these shipped..?

attachment.php

heres a few fish i like, you guys tell me yes or no lol

stock-photo-colorful-cichlid-from-central-america-9239110.jpg
Nandopsis_salvini-F1.jpg

chiseltooth-cichlid-profile.jpg

JaguarCichlidWFCiam_AcF201.jpg

Hondo-Manaquense-2068.jpg

The top 2 are a rainbow and a salvini. Rainbow cichlids will reach about 6" and are pretty peaceful, so a single or pair would be fine in your 29g. The salvini would be fine as well. The males however get 8", and the females get 6". Females are generally more colorful, so if you went with a single go for the female.

The other 3 get much too large. Bocourti, jaguar, and managuanse get 12" and larger.

I currently have a 29g setup with a lone male firemouth (currently near 3.5") with a school of tetras. I'm planning to keep him in there for life, as he was a tank-bred specimen that is likely to max out at 5-6 inches. I've seen fully grown firemouths and they look incredible!

RoIbqJ4.jpg

I upgraded to a 29g just a week or so ago, and have an empty 20g long. I've been thinking of setting it up to house a lone female salvini, lone male convict, or a pair of female convicts. Then theres the rainbows, keyholes, and festivums.

I know they aren't CA/SA, but the Jewel cichlid is another I've been eyeing.

Also, you say you'll be upgrading to a 40g correct? You may be able to fit a 8" fish alone in there, like a female jack dempsey.

The top 2 are a rainbow and a salvini. Rainbow cichlids will reach about 6" and are pretty peaceful, so a single or pair would be fine in your 29g. The salvini would be fine as well. The males however get 8", and the females get 6". Females are generally more colorful, so if you went with a single go for the female.

The other 3 get much too large. Bocourti, jaguar, and managuanse get 12" and larger.

I currently have a 29g setup with a lone male firemouth (currently near 3.5") with a school of tetras. I'm planning to keep him in there for life, as he was a tank-bred specimen that is likely to max out at 5-6 inches. I've seen fully grown firemouths and they look incredible!

I upgraded to a 29g just a week or so ago, and have an empty 20g long. I've been thinking of setting it up to house a lone female salvini, lone male convict, or a pair of female convicts. Then theres the rainbows, keyholes, and festivums.

I know they aren't CA/SA, but the Jewel cichlid is another I've been eyeing.

Also, you say you'll be upgrading to a 40g correct? You may be able to fit a 8" fish alone in there, like a female jack dempsey.

Jaguar and managuense are tge same thing.

Also, salvini are very aggressive. I haveone right now in my 150g she is about 3" and no one messes with her.

Back
Top Bottom