New tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Growth all looks good man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Brookster!
Work in progress.....

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Searching for advice here folks:
I am getting pin holes in my Porto Velho and my star repens lower leaves.
One sheet tells me this is a manganese deficiency and another tells me it is a potassium deficiency.
Don't want to mess up what I have going so thought I would get experienced input to back up the move I make.
This is what I see:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452097458.653725.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1452097474.422242.jpg
Sorry for the quality but I had to use my phone.
Thanks in advance as always ?

Most likely pot. To offset any chance of deficiencies in this dept I add a capful of loquid potassium after every wc on top of my adjusted pps pro.

Is there a test for potassium? Is there a problem that you know of with excessive potassium?

Is there a test for potassium? Is there a problem that you know of with excessive potassium?

Your tank looks like a snow globe and your plants look ripped like Arnold from terminator?? This was handed down from Janice( can't remember user name) and Brian (old scales). You remember their tanks;)

Most likely pot. To offset any chance of deficiencies in this dept I add a capful of loquid potassium after every wc on top of my adjusted pps pro.

Thanks Brooks!
I'll get some liquid pot to add when I do the PWC's.
I have been putting 3x pot in my PPS Pro mix already. Maybe the liquid pot during the PWC will give the added boost I need. ?

Your tank looks like a snow globe and your plants look ripped like Arnold from terminator?? This was handed down from Janice( can't remember user name) and Brian (old scales). You remember their tanks;)

I sat and thought about where each plant in my tank came from over the last couple of years. Current users like yourself. Past users. And now they are spread out through several tanks around the country, including this one. Kind of cool.
I don't dose extra K. Can't say I've seen a deficiency. I do dose extra phosphate to keep the GSA at bay.

I sat and thought about where each plant in my tank came from over the last couple of years. Current users like yourself. Past users. And now they are spread out through several tanks around the country, including this one. Kind of cool.
I don't dose extra K. Can't say I've seen a deficiency. I do dose extra phosphate to keep the GSA at bay.

Ain't it cool how all the plants go around and around and maybe even back to where they started in some cases.....lol

Ain? t it cool how all the plants go around and around and maybe even back to where they started in some cases.....lol

Literally just got some of my ludwiga sp. Red back from fresh after my move.. like a plant bank! Its great

How has this evaded me for so long?! Following now.

The "plant bank" brookster mentions is nice, sometimes plants do really well then tank out and a replenishment of the original plant is needed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Literally just got some of my ludwiga sp. Red back from fresh after my move.. like a plant bank! Its great

Yes. I love it. I have some of that Ludwegia Sp. Red as well...lol
Let's see how long it takes me on that one.....lol
I was smart enough to put some in both the 20L and the 90.
Just in case.

How has this evaded me for so long?! Following now.

The "plant bank" brookster mentions is nice, sometimes plants do really well then tank out and a replenishment of the original plant is needed.

Welcome Fish! Nothing too exciting though. Just an old man trying to learn to have a wet green thumb.
I'm sure you got some learning you can put on an old man about keeping plants "Alive".......lol

Welcome Fish! Nothing too exciting though. Just an old man trying to learn to have a wet green thumb.
I'm sure you got some learning you can put on an old man about keeping plants "Alive".......lol

That depends on the plant...ludwigia sp red doesn't like me right now and my staur repens and I are not on speaking terms yet lol

That depends on the plant...ludwigia sp red doesn't like me right now and my staur repens and I are not on speaking terms yet lol

Lol. Well I certainly hope you and the stars get things worked out soon. Nothing like total silence to drag a day out.....lol

Been a while since I've updated here but the 20L is doing pretty well for now.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454137111.862461.jpg
Just trimmed down the Pogostemon Octopus and the Ludwegia Repens and propagated them both to take into the LFS for a credit in a week or two. Maybe the flame moss too.

I have 2 stems that have come up from my Staurgne Porto Velho patch that I'm not sure what they are.
Hoping my buddy Fresh20 or someone else may know. They are stunning stems with beautiful color.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454430211.090170.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1454430234.107992.jpg

I have 2 stems that have come up from my Staurgne Porto Velho patch that I'm not sure what they are.
Hoping my buddy Fresh20 or someone else may know. They are stunning stems with beautiful color.
View attachment 284397
View attachment 284398

The ones with the serrated leaves? Looks somewhat similar to the leaves of Limnophilia aromatica or a species of Pogostemon, but too few leaves per node. Hmmmm.

Back
Top Bottom