newb to freshwater and planted tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, I think the uglier they are, the more awesome. I also have one big black one named ace.

Yep gonna be more work but oh well.

The frogs are already back out swimming around. They were hiding yesterday.

They were all oh no we're being poisoned! Now they're all mmm fresh water!

Decided on this stocking list:

6 Pygmy Hatchetfish, 5 Male Endler's Livebearers, 4 Venezuelan Pygmy Corys

Well the lps didn't have anything I wanted so I got some other stuff.

Some penny wort and water sprites. 5 neon tetras and 3 bardosas? Not sure on the spelling .

It looks great and I'll definitely have to keep up on the water now.

Well the lps didn't have anything I wanted so I got some other stuff.

Some penny wort and water sprites. 5 neon tetras and 3 bardosas? Not sure on the spelling .

It looks great and I'll definitely have to keep up on the water now.

Nice! I like neon tetras. No idea what the other fish are. And yep, now you're really gonna have to keep up those pwcs.

Heres a current fts. The fake plants on the left will be gone soon and covered with lush greens.

Also half of the lights are still out.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130131_225815.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130131_225815.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 64
Heres a current fts. The fake plants on the left will be gone soon and covered with lush greens.

Also half of the lights are still out.

I had that same log decoration before I went to live plants! My fish, especially my cories, really loved that log!

I think it looks good! Once I started putting live plants in I took out everything that was fake, mixing the two just didn't look right, to me it didn't anyway.

Mom wants to know if there's any small turtles than can live underwater in this aquarium?

There are no aquatic turtles for a small fish tank. Dwarf African Frogs might be an option.

Mom wants to know if there's any small turtles than can live underwater in this aquarium?

A turtle would try to eat the fish and frogs once it gets big enough. You probably need to buy yourself a 90 gallon, upgrade your 55 reef into it, then make the 55 a turtle tank. :)

A turtle would try to eat the fish and frogs once it gets big enough. You probably need to buy yourself a 90 gallon, upgrade your 55 reef into it, then make the 55 a turtle tank. :)

Lol jennnnn you trippin!

Replaced the broken hood, fish are out and active! Man this is the most beautiful tank I've ever set up.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130202_191914.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130202_191914.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 69
Back
Top Bottom