Nils 2.5G upgrade to 5.5G DP Build!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lookin great Nils nice to finally see some pics in here and that light is really cool.

Caleb

Lookin great Nils nice to finally see some pics in here and that light is really cool.

Caleb

Thanks! It's the Finnex Stingray Cliplight, it works wonders and is great at growing algae! But I like it a lot actually. No complaints.

Pics! My work is done here.
Tank looks good. Filter on the side is a nice touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Thanks! I put the filter there just so that it could distribute the Co2 throughout the hwole tank. Plus flow is better going into the big stand of plants. And the puffs like riding the current lol.

Shrimp are still doing good, no aggression from puffs directed towards them yet (knock on wood) They're just grazing the leaves and hiding from me.

Light looks very bright for such a small tank. Be careful on timings and carbon addition

Light looks very bright for such a small tank. Be careful on timings and carbon addition

Yep, light runs for 3 1/2 hours a day. Algae isn't growing and haven't seen any since I planted the blyxa. Hopefully if some dos grow the shrimp will wipe it out. I only add 4 drops of the liquid Co2 now.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439253380.540485.jpg

That's the red amano shrimp! Found out how to take pics with my iPod....no more uploading on computer!

Wow that's a beautiful shrimp! For a second I thought that was in the tank with the puffer, was gonna say that it might be a beautiful snack :lol:

She's really a lot redder than it looks! Who needs those fancy neo shrimp species when you can get colored Amano shrimp lol. Sini, the shrimp are in the puffer tank. SInce thye both are at least 2 times the puffers size the puffers, surprisingly, leave them alone. I've ordered 12 RCS for my tanks and I think I'm going to be putting 6 in here and 6 in the 16/ Anyone have any idea how long it takes them to get berried? Trying to make some money off these shrimp to gain back a small portion of what I've lost lol.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439298546.710934.jpg

And that's the white shrimp! I'm trying to decide if it's an albino or just a different color variation.....I'm leaning towards albino because this was the only one that was white and the rest looked normal.

Guess I just got lucky. Amano shrimp are cool and they sure do keep my tank clean! Should I be feeding them anything special or will the biofilm on the leaves and surfaces keep them fed? I have fed them some bloodworms and Hikari pellets.

That sounds good usually I alternate my shrimp between flakes algae wafers every other day is feeding day.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The white one doesn't have pink eyes, so not albino. But it looks like a Snowball Shrimp - Neocaridina. Will cross with Red Cherry btw in a bad way.

Well then, got a great deal on an otherwise $8 shrimp! Good to know that it is doing well in the tank and that the RCS will probably do good as well. I might move it to the 16 to avoid any cross breeding between species. What would a cross between a RCS and a snowball look like Would it just be brown or red/white? That would be cool!

Back
Top Bottom