Nils' Tanks Expedition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It can take a long time to settle to be honest. You will probably be better off doing careful water changes for the next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got it. Gonna do a smaller one tomorrow, don't have time today.

Rams spawned yesterday, so far none eaten, female is keeping male away. Some on the outside turned white, most on the inside still viable. Got hope for this batch that at least the female can self raise.

I'm sorry for forgetting but what is your ram set up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

They're in my 16 gallon planted. Aaaaannndddd they ate the eggs. Big surprise there lol.

Did a small WC on the 10 yesterday. Helped to clear up some cloudiness. The exposed dirt just makes it super cloudy again. Got to get another bag of sand soon.

Let the crypt melting begin! Looked in the tank, first leaves are starting to die off. SHouldn't take long for them to grow back, escpecially in all that dirt.

Let the crypt melting begin! Looked in the tank, first leaves are starting to die off. SHouldn't take long for them to grow back, escpecially in all that dirt.

Dunno if you saw Laeris's thread on the dirt sub. Things didn't got too well. Hopefully things will work out better for you.

Dunno if you saw Laeris's thread on the dirt sub. Things didn't got too well. Hopefully things will work out better for you.

Yeah I saw that. I really hope that doesn't happen here.

Replaced a sponge in the canister with a seeded sponge, I'll test my params tomorrow and hopefully I can get some more sand soon.

I used a knitting needle and poked often, plus an army of MTS. The problem was the dirt was too loose, too much peat and organic matter, topsoil would've been better.

Which means! This will go perfectly because you used the right dirt ?Do keep up on your pokeys, too.

I've noticed a ton of bubbles coming out of the bottom constantly. Dropped a few MTS in there the past couple days, they've been burrowing. I'll make sure to poke around a bit soon.

Plant roots do a lot for aerating the substrate. My bubbles have subsided immensely now. My crypts roots are insane you should be fine.

There's an article I saw where Tom bar encourages the use of soil 'if aesthetics are not important' but you have to remember that professional aqua scapers are all about just that so I don't think you will be disappointed.

Bday today, it was great. Got the 24/7 and some sand from my little bro. Can't wait to get home and hook it up on the tank! (In Charleston atm)

I'll have to just cover up some spots where the dirt is showing and do lots of smaller PWC's to get the water clear again. Getting some blyxa soon, gonna gradually plant everything over from the 5.5 Hardscape is gonna stay the way it is, pretty satisfied. When I checked yesterday, the crypts were almost gone lol. Leaves should be back soon though.

I love the 24/7. Just from trying it out it's awesome. Thunderstorm mode is going to give me and the fish seizures though lol. Max is super bright. To anyone out there on the fence with getting this light, don't hesitate! Perfect for planted tanks, couldn't ask for anything better.

Bday today, it was great. Got the 24/7 and some sand from my little bro. Can't wait to get home and hook it up on the tank! (In Charleston atm)

I'll have to just cover up some spots where the dirt is showing and do lots of smaller PWC's to get the water clear again. Getting some blyxa soon, gonna gradually plant everything over from the 5.5 Hardscape is gonna stay the way it is, pretty satisfied. When I checked yesterday, the crypts were almost gone lol. Leaves should be back soon though.

I love the 24/7. Just from trying it out it's awesome. Thunderstorm mode is going to give me and the fish seizures though lol. Max is super bright. To anyone out there on the fence with getting this light, don't hesitate! Perfect for planted tanks, couldn't ask for anything better.

Happy Birthday!!!

You have a pretty awesome little bro! I can't wait to see pics of this on the tank!

Happy birthday!

Fishobsessed7

Money Can't Buy Happiness, But It Can Buy Fish Which Is Pretty Much The Same Thing

Hey Nils when you put your light on could you post a pic of how the legs go on the rim? My legs when I sat them on my ten were titled and O was afraid they would break. Just wanted to know if it was just me or if it's normal.

Back
Top Bottom