Nils' Tanks Expedition

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Alright guys, I'm back. Got home today from SC, went ahead and put more sand in the 10 and hooked up the 24/7. Did a PWC and clear it up a bit. Fish were fine while I was gone. Going to try and get some pics up soon.

Alright, been a little bit since I have posted. Mainly just messed around with the 10, looks a lot better planted than bare. I got some blyxa, pogo octo and ludwigia red from Brooks today, went ahead and planted that. The other tanks are doing good, lost another shrimp in the 5.5 Kinda weird. The pogo octo in the 16 is doing really good, going to plant some more in there. Ill get some pics up of the 10 soon, just need to get over my laziness.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Alright, been a little bit since I have posted. Mainly just messed around with the 10, looks a lot better planted than bare. I got some blyxa, pogo octo and ludwigia red from Brooks today, went ahead and planted that. The other tanks are doing good, lost another shrimp in the 5.5 Kinda weird. The pogo octo in the 16 is doing really good, going to plant some more in there. Ill get some pics up of the 10 soon, just need to get over my laziness.

Get off your lazy behind and get some pics posted! We want to see how the tanks look!

Hey Nils when you put your light on could you post a pic of how the legs go on the rim? My legs when I sat them on my ten were titled and O was afraid they would break. Just wanted to know if it was just me or if it's normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
I have the same light and I was also unsure about how the light fit on because my tank rim was too thick. I figured it the inside of the bracket us removable. Just slide the inside piece if the bracket to the side and it pops right out (i did this by holding the bracket and quickly tapping it with the back if a screwdriver). You have to do this very carefully do that you don't snap off the tabs that hold it on in case you want to put it back on later. Hope that helps.

Picture:

uploadfromtaptalk1453965621786.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Alright, I know I haven't updated this in a while so here we go.

Anyway, seeing some new growth out of lots of the plants. The grass is definitely spreading, has some new shoots coming up in places. The unknown stem from the lake is also doing good, with some new growth. Crypts are slow but steady for sure. The ludwigia red has some new leaves up top, but there green. Is that just an early stage and they eventually run red or is it from a lack of nutrients? Don't have Co2 going yet in this tank, just the dirt and light. Don't think I'll be dosing anything else. Besides that, the supposed dwarf sag is sending out yet another runner. I have a feeling that it isn't really dwarf sag, leaves are 2+ feet long. Don't know if it's jungle val though either. Maybe just normal sag. Bought it from the LFS as dwarf though. Who knows, maybe it just loves my tanks. Anyway, the bulbs have already sent up 2 flowers, it's cool to just the bud in the morning and at night it's lost it's cap and become a full flower. Blyxa showing a tiny bit of new growth, just mainly some melting of outer leaves getting adjusted to new tank. Pogo octo I planted before I even filled the tank all died off and is now making a come back with smaller leaves. Hornwort has some new growth too, not as fast as it was. I have feeling that it likes cooler tanks. When I had it in the 16 and dosed Prazi for GBR's it died off. Don't know what was in the Prazi but hornwort doesn't like it lol. Not much happening with the water sprite surprisingly. Thought I'd have some better and more growth by now. Probably forgetting some plants, but that's alright. Thanks for bearing with my rambling.

In the 16, the GBR played eggs again and they were, (surprise, surprise) gone the next day. Plants doing good though. Floaters the most of all. Have a ton of slavonia and duckweed. If anyone wants a ton of dwarf water lettuce, salvinia or duckweed PM me. Have it coming out of my ears (and in my hair. LITERALLY)

5.5 still bare. Puffs don't mind, just greedy as always. :lol: I know I say this a lot, but they're some of the coolest fish I've kept. I've got some blyxa in that tank that I don't know what I'll do with, just need to find somewhere to put all this stuff.

Been a while since I updated this. All fish are still alive, in fact Ie even got a new puffer for the 10. I also moved my 2 that I already had to the 10. That tank has grown. A LOT. Frogbit roots are probably at least 1.5 feet now.

In the 16, everyone is still fine. I've had a couple more GBR spawns and they even raised one to wigglers, but then ate them. Ordered a small corner filter so I can actually set up a tank with a filter and raise some eggs. Determined to get it right!

My want for fish has reached a level to where it's up to my eyeballs. I was thinking about getting a group of 4 or 5 kuhli loaches for the 16. Only reason I haven't is because the GBR's are aggressive when breeding. Just looking for opinions though.

Going to pick some up on Monday. How much are they normally?

I have 5-7 kuhlies in my 29 with rams. Just need the room for everyone to chill

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom