No NFL season next year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

melosu58

SW REEF 20+ YEARS
The more and more you look at it the more you start to realize that there is probably not going to be a NFL season next year. It is starting to get very bleak. To be honest I think the owners and the players make too much money. How about both sides taking a cut and make tickets much more affordable. JMO

Agreed, I'm interested to see what starts to happen over these next few weeks. Honestly I think there is way to much money and to many people involved for it to phase away, but money comes first so who knows. Remember some years back in the NBA when all the players went on strike for MORE money, just plain dumb. My father raised me around football and I love it, I would hate to see anything happen because of these money issues.

Remember the MLB strike? It killed the league and it took years to recover (image and dollars). It would be such a shame and so much more detrimental to the NFL. I am going to be so disappointed if they strike. As soon as the superbowl ends, I muss it and can't wait for the next season.

I think the NFL is too strong now to diminish if they don't have a 2011 season. If it did happen, I think 2012 would just be a bigger year. Also, it would really help the popularity of baseball, especially during the Fall Classic. I am a much bigger baseball fan than I am football, so I really can't say anything about NFL getting paid too much (go A-Rod!).

It's a lot of posing and saber rattling at this point. They'll get something done before the season really gets going. The NFL and the NFLPA would be stupid to allow any kind of work stoppage. I think DeMaurice Smith is an idiot.

They need to put a rookie salary structure in place. A top 10 draft pick kills a team's salary cap keeping them from making the rest of the team better. It's also ridiculous to pay an unproven rookie more than an All-Pro veteran.

Forget the 18 game season. It's a stupid money grab.

Quit bickering over the money. Make the owners open their books if they're crying broke. Cut the top player salaries too. The minimum salaries aren't too bad considering the length of the average football career, but when a player makes more in a month than most people will make in their entire lives, there's something wrong.

Coming from the UK I'm familiar with a sport where the players earn that much money. At a time when I was on 12,000 pounds per YEAR there was a player signed to the nations biggest soccer club earning 112,000 a WEEK.

I've been an NFL nut since the mid-80's (when it started showing regularly in the UK) and I honestly don't think anybody would not want there to be a season. I think it's a bunch of empty threats. If they do, hey, College Football to center stage. ;)

Being a die-hard Redskins fan, it wouldn't hurt me at all to be without footbal for a year. Heck, maybe even two. No more Dan Snyder, no more Shanahan (him and his son/offensive coordinator), and no more Albert Haynesworth. Didja hear about Dumb Al's latest with the waitress? I think both of them were stupid in that case.

And Danny boy's latest with the bulying the small newspaper and playing the anti semitism card. He's really a piece of work and has totally destroyed this franchise. OK. Enuf of my rant.

Still, I can really take a year off of all the big egos and my perennially losing team.

austinsdad said:
Being a die-hard Redskins fan, it wouldn't hurt me at all to be without footbal for a year. Heck, maybe even two. No more Dan Snyder, no more Shanahan (him and his son/offensive coordinator), and no more Albert Haynesworth. Didja hear about Dumb Al's latest with the waitress? I think both of them were stupid in that case.

And Danny boy's latest with the bulying the small newspaper and playing the anti semitism card. He's really a piece of work and has totally destroyed this franchise. OK. Enuf of my rant.

Still, I can really take a year off of all the big egos and my perennially losing team.

Amen to all that, I mean really!? Rex grossman? Really? Jack Kent cook is rolling over in his grave hail to the deadskins

lol. Rex was good, the Chicago fans are pretty brutal though and they 'broke' him...

With the problems I feel he has mentally (caused by Chicago) I think he should probably not be in the game now for his own sake. I've been a Bears fan since the mid-80's and was pretty shocked when the fans started chanting to have him replaced during a game when I could clearly see he was operating with no OL protection... Griese did no better and Orton eventually got replaced by Cutler, and it's only when Cutler got protection midway through 2010 that the Bears started showing some. But yeah, Grossman is damaged good now. Still feel sorry for the guy though, he wasn't the problem.

The Redskins make me glad I'm a Bears fan.

Grossman was his own worst enemy. He overthought everything. I thought he was better than Orton, but I wasn't disappointed to see both of them go away.

Get Cutler some linemen and you'll see some magic. He may be a little intolerant with the media, but I would be too. If he were a quitter, he would have quit after the nine sack Giants game.

The Redskins make me glad I'm a Bears fan.

Grossman was his own worst enemy. He overthought everything. I thought he was better than Orton, but I wasn't disappointed to see both of them go away.

Get Cutler some linemen and you'll see some magic. He may be a little intolerant with the media, but I would be too. If he were a quitter, he would have quit after the nine sack Giants game.

Yup. I don't know if you follow Zach Zaidman (he's a radio commentator in Chi) on twitter or anything, but he said right away that Cutler wanted to stay in the game, he was apparently shouting at the coaching staff to let him stay on the field.

I actually think they made the right decision (with the exception of Collins). I'd much rather have had someone on the field who could plant his foot without pain and make a pass than someone who couldn't.

It's just amazed me over the last 3-4 years how many Chicago area fans blamed the QB when it was so obvious they were out there with no protection. Anybody will throw INTs when they're being told to run a passing play with the defense running straight through their line.

The QB is the most visible person on the field and an especially easy target in Chicago. Sid Luckman still owns most of the passing records in Chicago. He retired in 1950. That should give you an idea of how mediocre the quarterbacks have been in Chicago in the last 60 years. I believe Jim McMahon was the last Pro Bowl quarterback for the Bears. All the way back in 1985. I was born in 1985.

All the ol talk is trash we had Campbell stand behind a teenage ol skill wise then push him out to Oakland where he had a pretty good year and their ol is junk mcnabb / first round pick haynesworth / 100mil $ being the butt of all the NFLs jokes. Priceless god its great to be a skins fan

I can't figure out how Dan Snyder made enough money to buy the Redskins if he runs his business the way he runs the Redskins.

So I might be able to catch my shows without parts being cut due to games running late? Huzzah!

Honestly though, I'd rather watch soccer, but the only time it really gets any broadcast attention is during the World Cup. Still pleased as a peach that Japan did as well as they did. :) Oh, and the U.S. too...

Back
Top Bottom