*OFFICIAL* 16G Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay so now that I know I'm going to leave em stacked, what's the next thing I should buy? Already have my CUC for the most part so what's next? :)

Mrc8858 said:
I've never heard of anyone having any issues.. the only problem I could see happening is it not hosting what you want it to host because clowns have been known to host anything including duncans hammers and even powerheads lol

Now that I think about it, I was planning on getting a hammer, so maybe I'll do that instead of an anemone. Considering they are a lot cheaper also. Maybe the clown would host that lol

Good idea on the rock. If you buy some more small pieces and lay them around bottom, you'll get the stacked and spread out look!! Best of both worlds! :) and the fish will be happy cuz they have hiding places. It's a win-win. :)

Beengirl said:
Good idea on the rock. If you buy some more small pieces and lay them around bottom, you'll get the stacked and spread out look!! Best of both worlds! :) and the fish will be happy cuz they have hiding places. It's a win-win. :)

Exactly what I was thinking :) maybe get 2 or 3 small pieces for corals on the corners maybe

So what's my next move? Who should I buy next and when?? I'm thinking either the clown or the firefish

Ok I just looked at my tank and the newest hermit I got.. lost some legs.. he's still moving around but not as quickly obviously. This ever happen to anyone??

I was trying to upload a pic but its not letting me.. he's chillin on a rock and he's little portion of legs are like 3 inches away from him

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120818_192352.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120818_192352.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 66
  • ForumRunner_20120818_192409.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120818_192409.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 67
  • ForumRunner_20120818_192436.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120818_192436.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 58
  • ForumRunner_20120818_192455.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120818_192455.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 62
  • ForumRunner_20120818_192520.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120818_192520.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 75
Never mind it apparently loaded and didn't tell me.. his legs are at the bottom of the rock and he's to the right of the rock

Are you sure he is actually missing them and they aren't a molt? If he is missing him then a larger hermit probably did it. They are known to kill eachother for shells if enough aren't provided.

Mrc8858 said:
Are you sure he is actually missing them and they aren't a molt? If he is missing him then a larger hermit probably did it. They are known to kill eachother for shells if enough aren't provided.

Hmm... I'm pretty sure they're missing off of him.. could only see a few legs lol and every time I look at the tank, both hermits are on opposite sides of the tank

So I'm going to return the Coralife T5 light I bought today, only problem is they're going to give me store credit.. $55 worth! Lol what should I get?? Think its too early for fish?

If you are cycled and params and good then a fish would be ok. One though and them wait to get another one to make sure the bio filters can keep up with the waste

22engine said:
If you are cycled and params and good then a fish would be ok. One though and them wait to get another one to make sure the bio filters can keep up with the waste

Yep that's what I was planning on doing.. I'm actually gonna get 1 fish maybe another hermit.. but I gotta do a water change first. Nitrates are near 10ppm right now, wanna try n bring em down as much as possible

What fish do you think I should get first?? I was thinking either an occy clown or a firefish

DanS180 said:
Yep that's what I was planning on doing.. I'm actually gonna get 1 fish maybe another hermit.. but I gotta do a water change first. Nitrates are near 10ppm right now, wanna try n bring em down as much as possible

What fish do you think I should get first?? I was thinking either an occy clown or a firefish

I have two clowns and a fire fish. I like them all lol. Mine are a maroon and a black and white. There is something about the orange that is appealing. But my maroon and green bubble tip anemone are priceless. And the anemone took of residents right in the bottom middle of my tank so it always active. He also wont let anything near the nem. I would go with the clown first. My opinion is the are more active swimmers. My fire fish hides most of the time

22engine said:
I have two clowns and a fire fish. I like them all lol. Mine are a maroon and a black and white. There is something about the orange that is appealing. But my maroon and green bubble tip anemone are priceless. And the anemone took of residents right in the bottom middle of my tank so it always active. He also wont let anything near the nem. I would go with the clown first. My opinion is the are more active swimmers. My fire fish hides most of the time

Ahh gotcha :) yeah I plan on getting an anemone after my tank establishes more and of course after I get my new light :)

Clown it is :)

DanS180 said:
Wow that's awesome :) what size tank do u have??

It's a biocube 29. That I modded the heck out of.

image-98459890.jpg

If you go under my profile I have a build thread

I think I was looking at your thread lol r u the one that has a Spiderman coral?? Or was that someone else?

DanS180 said:
I think I was looking at your thread lol r u the one that has a Spiderman coral?? Or was that someone else?

Someone else and its a superman mushroom he just updated it lol. I want to do a wall of mushrooms though.

Back
Top Bottom